Monday, January 27, 2014

Some Of My Favourite Face Masks

























Part of my Sunday wind-down routine involves a giving my face a (very) quick cleanse before treating my skin to face mask. Naturally this requires me to slick my hair back in an entirely un-attractive manner and plonk myself in front of the TV while it goes to work and does its thing.

This is a ritual which I've got into the habit of doing every week so it's something I always look forward to, I've actually found that if I don't make time to do this I feel a little scattered but perhaps this is just my obsession with routine!

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal - £30.
This mask promises to renew your complexion whilst the natural fruit acids (which smell wonderful by the way) work to remove dead skin cells and ease any congestion within the skin. I find this mask always give my skin and glow and leaves it feeling fantastically soft and smooth. As it only needs 10-minutes to work it's magic, it's great for those days when I'm a little tight on time. You can find my full review HERE needless to say, I love it.

Murad Clarifying Mask - £38.
This is a clay mask, so, as you'd expect it's primary purpose is to draw out impurities, calm any redness and give your skin a good old detox. Again, it only needs 10-minutes (you'll know it's ready to come off as your face will be crusty!) and it always leaves my skin feeling incredibly fresh and super clean. As a cheeky bonus, after using this mask I note that my skin is less oily for a good few days so I like to rely on this one a couple of days before I know I'm due to head out somewhere special. You can find a more in-depth viewpoint HERE.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask - £22.
Whilst this might be the cheapest of the bunch, don't let this fool you. This is great to use if your skin is feeling dehydrated as it helps to replenish lost moisture and build barriers to help prevent future dehydration. This mask smells wonderful and as a plus it comes with the bonus of knowing it's free of any chemical nasties as you'd expect with any Origins product. I like to leave a slightly thicker layer of product on my skin and leave this overnight (by morning everything seems to have sunk in so I obviously need it!) by morning my face is looking dewy and fresh.

Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel - £59.
This is a two-stepper so should only be used if you've got the time it's similar to the REN in that it uses chemical exfoliators but it takes things to whole new level in my opinion. First of all, you massage the vitamin-c crystals into clean skin for around 60-seconds. This means that you can control the level of exfoliation so if you've got sensitive skin, you can take things a little easier. The next steps involves applying the acid activating gel which is where the fun starts. The acid reacts with the crystals to cause a warming sensation and a light foam to appear on the skin which you then leave for around 2 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.

Whilst this is the most expensive mask I've featured, it not only exfoliates your skin, but with long enough use it promises to help even skin-tone. I've been lucky enough to have had this mask applied by a Philosophy Consultant (before poaching several samples so I could repeat at home!) and it really is one of my favourites. It's next up on my investment hit-list.

Do you have any favourite masks which you rely on? What would you recommend next for me to try?

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)