Monday, October 13, 2014

Nails Inc. NailKale Superfood Base Coat - A Review

So Nails Inc have recently undergone something of a packaging make-over and I must say, I really like it. 
It's sleek, I love the clean lines of the bottle and that font, it's simple but it definitely catches your attention. Along with a packaging make-over which includes a weighty lid which pops off, Nails Inc have also introduced a line of NailKale polishes infused with good stuff including a base coat and top coat.
The NailKale Superfood Base Coat contains aloe vera, ginseng and pomegranate to apparently enrich and smooth the nails. I have to say, it certainly doesn't smell like your typical varnish and it actually smells pretty pleasant when applying if you think about say Seche Vite which seriously pongs. In addition, the Superfood Base Coat is also formulated with vitamins A,C, and E to help prevent splitting and breaking as well as keratin to help promote nail growth. 
Basically, as well as being a base coat, it's also a treatment for your nails which I've been applying every week as my nails are peeling and breaking in the most frustrating of places. I have to say, what I'm most impressed with is the brush, it's one of those amazing one stroke brushes which makes applying the base coat an absolute breeze. Just two coats of this quick drying formula and you're good to go.
I'm also pleased to report that despite the odd green colour in the bottle, it pretty much goes onto the nails clear. I've only been using this for a few weeks so it's a little too early to tell how much it's helping in terms of the condition of my nails, but I'll keep you posted. My nails are certainly growing pretty swiftly which is great considering I've had to cut them right back.

All in all a great basic addition to my ever expanding nail varnish collection, it's £15 and I grabbed mine from House of Fraser.

Have you tried any of the new NailKale line? What you think?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)