Monday, May 5, 2014

Outfit of the Day - The Not So Short Denim Shorts (AKA Gap)

As the sunshine finally rears it's head, for us women, this means more and more flesh is on show. Not being one for massive body confidence, shorts are something which tend to fill me with fear. The British High Street is awash with super short shorts which sit high on the thigh (if at all, some of the things I've seen are pretty much akin to underwear) and aren't really suitable for wearing by a normal human being.

You can imagine my glee when I stumbled across these little beauties from Gap, the boyfriend fit denim short which is a much more flattering fit for those of us ladies with larger thighs as they sit closer to the knee than your conventional denim shorts.
Today I'm wearing:

Sweater: Gap - Stripe Boatneck Sweater - £17.99
Shoes: F&F at Tesco - £3 (my bargain sale buy last summer!)

The shorts are more jean like in feel than what you may expect as there is not an awful lot of stretch, but the fit is much looser which balances everything out. I'm usually a size 10, and whilst these shorts are also a 10, they do fit generously on the waist and just right on my thigh. Being a curvy girl, my thighs are usually a bit of hindrance when searching for the perfect pair of jeans!
The jumper has a nice slouchy fit to it which means its a good option for those days when I'm feeling a wee bit body conscious. As the jumper is quite loose, it doesn't cling to my body, and the thin material will ensure that it'll see plenty of wear during the summer.
Make-up wise, I've kept things incredibly simple, I'm wearing my trusty Lancome Air De Teint as my base, Hourglass Dim Infusion on my cheeks, and then on my eyes I've used a couple of shades from the new Chanel Les Ombres Palette in Vendome using the highlighter shade all over the lid and the coral shade as a liner. On my lips I've used my Dior Lip Glow.

All in all, this is a very low key, easy make-up look that fits with the relaxed feel of my outfit.

Have you tried the Boyfriend Shorts from Gap? How did you find them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)