Thursday, October 24, 2013

What Laura Wants No.1


As many of you may or may not know I've recently been confined to the four walls of our flat for the past three weeks and have only been able to leave for fairly short bursts on my crutches (in true "Walt Jnr" style) while I get used to using them.

Whilst the prospect of being unable to exercise for 3 months has been a bit a blow, especially in the run up to Christmas, I have been reintroduced to the beauty of online shopping.  As such, I thought I'd share with you some of the things which are currently on my hit list.

First up is this gorgeous handbag from Linea at House of Fraser, the Polly Tote Bag is £69 and is absolutely gorgeous.  The side panels of the bag are black with a deep plum colour to the front and back with gold stud detailing to give it that rock chick/biker edge which is so on trend at the moment. Plus, the plum colour is great for the upcoming winter months; I can guarantee you'll be seeing this colour everywhere on the high street within the next few weeks.

Next, I am a sucker for anything with butterflies on and the Hollie Dress from Oasis is an ideal transitional piece to take you from autumn to winter.  Long sleeves will help to keep out the cold, and the leather trimmed collar means that again, this is bang-on trend without being overpowering. It's a subtle way to wear leather without being over the top.  I'll be wearing this with tights and some flat boots for the foreseeable future, I know this is What Laura Wants, but I've decided I like it to much to miss out *cough* .  You can pick yours up for £45, but be quick, I reckon it'll go quickly.

Ok, those of you not in London may not have heard of Oliver Bonas but I can assure you, they're definitely worth your time.  They sell jewellery, all sorts for the home and a quirky selection of clothing which always leaves me ooooohing and aahhhing every time I visit. Their Silver Sealion and Pearl Ball Necklace is no exception to this rule being an understated way to wear something a little different. It's gorgeous and at £32 it's a bit of a bargain.  If you're a fan of unusual or interesting jewellery, their online store has a great selection  of goodies and some of it's even in the sale!

So, for my final item, I have to confess, I am a product junkie.  When it comes to toiletries I have a bit of a habit of hoarding for fear of running out.  Soap & Glory are one of my bathroom obsessions, their products smell incredible and given that they're related to the Spa company Bliss  I am confident that everything in their range does what it says on the tin at just a fraction of the price.  The Breakfast Scrub uses oats and sugar to exfoliate and is scented with maple, oats and honey. It always makes me smile while in the shower, I find the smell of maple syrup on pancakes to be quite comforting.  It leaves you smelling good enough to eat and I'm desperate to get my hands on some more.  At £8 it's a product addiction that beauty addicts won't struggle to keep up with.

What's on your hit list at the moment, I'd love to know!

3 comments:

  1. That dress is so pretty :) oasis has some lovely things in at the moment, they're one of my favourite stores. & how cute is the seal necklace?! I want one :)
    Love your blog, now following xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I decided I loved the dress so much I didn't want to wait and miss out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good idea! The amount of times I've loved things but not purchased it when I had the chance and its sold out :( boooo x

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)