Monday, February 24, 2014

Products I'd Love to Love....

Benefit Porefessional Primer - £24.50
This products claims to minimise pores, smooth out your complexion and just be full of loveliness. Now don't get me wrong, on it's own this is great, it does smooth out my skin and is great for no make-up days. The problem is, that the second my make-up comes into contact with it, things just seem to go horribly wrong. My make-up either balls up or it goes patchy. I've tried to rectify the situation with a bit of powder, however, the only solution to the problem seems to involve removing my make-up completely and starting again from scratch. Sad times all around.
 
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser - £17.00
I know a lot of people who rave about this moisturiser. Clinique skincare and I go way back, like to my teenage years when I had serious blemish issues. It wasn't pretty, unfortunately for me, the addition of the Clinique 3-step programme made things about 10 times worse and despite assures from the lady on the concession time did not make things any better. I tried to rekindle the friendship at 23, needless to say it didn't work out and my skin started misbehaving again. Obviously there's just something here that doesn't agree with my skin.

Herbal Essences Shampoo - from £3.79
Cheap, cheerful, smells wonderful and is a much loved favourite on the high street. However, every time I seem to use the range, within a few days my scalp becomes dry and flaky. I've tried almost all of the different varieties available, however, the end result always seems to be the same. Sadly, this has made the range a total no-no in my bathroom.

Neutrogena Norwegian Forumla Hand Cream - £4.09
In particular, I'm talking about the Nordic berry variety which you can pick up from Boots. The range claims to enhance hydration by up to 3 times whilst keeping your hands nice and nourished. In my experience it just made my hands feel greasy and in need of a good old wash. It's such a shame as I know it works really well for those with VERY DRY and sore hands. Ad's a big fan but it's just one of those products that we'll never be able to share.

Do you have any products that, despite the hype, just don't work for you? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I totally don't get Herbal Essences. Does nothing for me whatsoever. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong, there are some great goodies on the highstreet! I love the L'oreal Ever Riche!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)