Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tuesday Tasties No.31 - The Breakfast Edition

Breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day, but sometimes it's hard to make good choices when you're strapped for time or you're craving something chocolate based. Today instead of my usual recipe, I thought I'd share some of the breakfast options I've been enjoying lately.
Scrambled Eggs & Smoked Salmon - This one's always a good one for the weekend, don't be fooled smoked salmon doesn't need to cost the earth. I tend to buy smoked salmon trimmings which are always dirt cheap as they're not as pretty as the salmon slices. I serve mine on wholemeal toast (sans butter) and I make my eggs with a touch of milk and olive oil as this makes them lovely and creamy.

Bear Alpha Bites - I love Coco Pops as much as the next person, but I'm pretty conscious that they're packed full of sugar and other unnecessary ingredients. I've tried a couple of Bear snacks before, but stumbled across the Alpha Bites recently in Waitrose and thought they'd be a healthier substitute for my cereal. These have very few ingredients (and no added sugar!), and whilst they're not as chocolatey as Coco Pops, they still great for a lazy and quick breakfast with some semi-skimmed milk.

Granola - This tends to be what I have for breakfast most mornings as I find oats keep me fuller for longer plus, I can measure out a portion before I go to bed and pop it in a bowl in the morning. This granola is packed full of pumpkin seeds and nuts i.e. lots of protein. There are a couple of ways I have my granola, either with natural yoghurt and honey, or natural yoghurt and some fresh berries, yummy!

Do you have any other ideas for a healthy breakfast? I could go on and on, porridge, boiled egg and wholemeal soldiers and who can forget, peanut butter and chopped banana on toast.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)