Saturday, June 21, 2014

Body Shop - Nutriganics Drops of Youth - A Review

Despite being a complete beauty addict, I am usually pretty good with certain products, only buying what I actually need, one such product being a serum. I have one for day time use and one for evening use, the latter being the good old Estee Lauder concoction that most ladies own.

When I finally ran out my Murad serum, I'd decided that whilst I loved it, I wanted to replace it with a serum that would leave give my skin more of a hydration boost. All the sunshine, humidity and constant air conditioning seem to be reeking havoc on my skin and it doesn't feel quite as plumped up as I would like.

Lovers of the Body Shop will know that they almost always have some sort of deal going. Recently I had a voucher for £20 off when you spend £40 (que girlish squeals!) and thought to myself what the heck, lets get back into some Body Shop skincare. As a teen I was a huge fan of their Aloe Vera range and their Vitamin E Night Cream but I honestly haven't use their skincare for around 8 years! My how things have changed.
I spotted that the Nutriganics range was something new and opted for the Nutriganics Drops of Youth which contains ingredients which are 99% of natural origin (big plus for fans of natural beauty) and 20% of the ingredients are organic to. This alone makes the serum sound pretty darn luxe, but at £22 a bottle it's pretty affordable.

The serum claims to help tackle the early signs of aging, make your skin smoother, make your skin look fresher and provides much needed hydration.

The bottle looks very luxe coming with a pipette in the lid much akin to products three times the price. My only gripe is that the pipette doesn't seem to work particularly well, I was only able to get three or four drops into the pipette at a time. I appreciate that this is more than enough for a single use but it would be nice to be able to get a little more in there if need be.
Texture wise (and colour wise for that matter) this is akin to the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair II. Your skin feels as though it is drinking it up from the first use and it doesn't leave your skin feel tacky or tight.

There is a slight smell, but I couldn't tell you what it is, all I can say is that it's not at all unpleasant, I just know that it's there.

I've been using this for over a week now and I've really been enjoying it, my skin does feel plumper and more hydrated which is exactly what I was looking for. In terms of smoothness, I'm not 100% convinced this is down to the serum alone as I do exfoliate at least twice a week so it's pretty difficult to give you guys an accurate indication of how well the serum works on this particular aspect.

All I can say is that at £22 for a 30ml bottle, I will seriously consider repurchasing this once I'm through, it all depends on what my skin needs of course. Two to three drops is all you need to do your entire face so I can see this one lasting me for months!

Have you used any products from the Nutriganics Range? What did you think of them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)