Monday, August 25, 2014

Jurlique - Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist - A Review

A couple of weeks ago, my Murad toner finally bit the dust, I was quite sad as it'd lasted almost a year with twice daily usage which really isn't bad all things considered. It certainly made it worth the cash.

Me being somewhat fickle and keen to try out some other bits and pieces, rather than repurchasing, I thought I would take some time out from Murad and try something new. In stepped the Jurlique Calming Mist which I'd picked up from SpaceNK with some of my N-Dulge points not so long ago.
I've used Jurlique products before and love the fact that all of their products use natural/organic ingredients making them free from chemical nasties which are going to aggravate my skin. My skin has a habit of being pretty temperamental, and now I have a new job working in central London, I want to make sure I'm treating my skin with calming and soothing products to keep it's environmental resistance levels up.
The Calming Mist is formulated with ingredients such as Calendula which helps to rebalance and sooth the skin and Chamomile which is known for its calming abilities as well as helping to keep your skin looking fresh. Other peachy ingredients include Aloe and Cucumber which are both known for their ability to sooth so I am feeling pretty hopeful that this will work well with my Kiehl's Skin Rescuer to keep my skin in check.
It comes in a beautiful frosted glass bottle which goes a little way to explaining the £29 price tag, the other big plus is that it comes with a pump which means I can just spritz this over my face before patting things in. Whilst the ingredients list was what drew me in, this product is a little more on the pricey side than I'd usually like. 

Fragrance wise, I had expected something a little fresher, this product certainly has a strong herbal whiff to it. Whilst this isn't unpleasant and fades away fairly quickly, it is pretty strong. 

I've been using this for a little over a week now and whilst I've had one or two break outs (yes, yes that is why) this seems to be keeping up with my Murad toner in keeping the redness on my face reduced and any signs of stressed out skin at bay. In short, so far so good, the Calming Mist is performing as I'd hoped it would and has slotted in nicely with my current skin care routine. 

I think next I'll try the toner from the Rose range which smells incredible!

Have you used the Jurlique Calming Range? What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)