Monday, September 15, 2014

Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance Mask - A Review

Keeping with the theme of affordable beauty products, another range which I recently discovered on a trawl of my local Boots is Good Things. Given that I currently have no less than 8 cleansers on the go (I know, I know) the only product which I could really justify buying was a face mask.

Now, Good Things appear to have a few different ranges aimed at different skin care needs but given my Kiwi obsession, I opted to plonk the Manuka Honey Radiance Mask  into my basket, not least of all because it smelled AMAZING.
Now for those of you who aren't familiar with the range, Good Things is the brain child of Alice Hart-Davis and the Manuka Honey line is designed to help keep skin clear and hydrated. We're all familiar with the health benefits of Manuka Honey, and my skin at present, is being particularly pesky and needs a kick up the bum. 

What really caught my attention is that despite the very low price point (£5.99 for the Mask), the entire line still manages to be free from Parabens, mineral oil, SLS (as with the Yes to...range I discussed last week) and any other chemical nasties which can aggravate the skin!


Whilst the Radiance Mask is aimed at brightening your skin, it also contains white clay to draw out impurities and clear congested skin whilst the Manuka helps to nourish your skin making this product sound like just the ticket for my skin.
As you can see, the product is a wet clay, you simply slather this onto clean skin and let it work its magic for 10 minutes before rinsing. The clay didn't dry out at all, and I felt a slight tingle whilst this was on my face which I suspect maybe the papaya. What I did notice was the incredible smell, I mean seriously this stuff smells so good I would eat it if I didn't know deep down that it'd taste awful.

On rinsing my skin felt smooth, plump and did appear brighter. On the decongesting side, I suspect it's a little to early to tell, but my skin looked dreadful last weekend, we're talking full on blotchy. It's helped to clear things a little and my skin is slowly but surly starting to clear up, I still have a couple of patches but they're clearing.

All in all, this is a great product given it's super low price point, whilst I'm not sure about the claims to clear the skin, this particular product is clearly aimed at giving a radiant complexion and I certainly can't complain on this front. Once I've cut down on some of my cleansers, I reckon I'll be grabbing a couple more goodies from this line.

Have you tried Good Things? What did you think?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)