Monday, September 8, 2014

Outfit of the Day - The Aztec Dress

Well Ad's 30th Birthday finally arrived and to celebrate we popped up North to his visit his Papa and ventured out for a steak dinner. Naturally given the occasion, I wanted to dress up and I needed something with a little stretch so I could eat as much as my poor little tummy could manage. After all, it's not very lady like to have to undo ones top button.
With this outfit as the print is pretty crazy I decided to keep the rest of my ensemble fairly simple. Today I'm wearing:

Dress: Oasis
Necklace: Primark
Boots: Clarks

I actually picked up this dress in the sales last Christmas from Oasis (I know, I know, the dreaded C-word!) for a tiny £15. Ad always encourages me to introduce things into my wardrobe that are a little different and this dress is certainly out there in terms of my usual outfit choices.
Whilst the print is pretty bold, as the colours are fairly neutral I feel pretty comfortable wearing this dress with natural tights and ankle boots in the summer and thick black tights and knee high boots come winter.
What really drew me to this dress was the cut out detailing at the back, I love any excuse to show off my tattoos! In addition, as you've no doubt noticed, the dress is pretty fitted which would normally fill us curvier girls with fear but the print has been designed in such a way that it nips you in. 
It's a combination of the subtle details which balance this dress out really well and make it one of the favourites in my wardrobe, it's just a shame I don't wear it often enough.  As you can see, I paired the outfit with some of my favourite boots and this cute Primark necklace which I felt fit with the Aztec theme.

What do you think? How would you style this dress? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)