Monday, November 24, 2014

Sephora Mini Haul

I recently made my first ever visit to Italy with my other half. Apart from the opportunity to sample some awesome food, one of the things which I was most excited about was being able to visit a Sephora, something of a beauty mecca and a place where I'd been dying to go for some time.

Whilst the stores in Rome were great, I was left feeling a little disappointed as they didn't stock some of the brands which I'd been hoping to get my mitts on, namely Tarte, Kat Von D, Elizabeth & James and Josie Maran to name but a few. Irrespective of this, I was grateful to be able to grab some Sephora own brand items to take home and try.

Naturally, being a nail varnish fiend I wanted to bring home some of the infamous Formula X polishes. The three shades which I picked up are from left to right; A+, a rich raspberry shade which is pretty similar to Ciates Knickerbocker Glory, albeit slightly darker; Thrill, a cloudy nude which has a hint of grey and Centigrade a deep and moody blue which is perfect for winter. 

The System promises to help your polish last longer and the idea is that you use the cleanse and prime steps before adding the colour of your choice and finishing off with the shine top coat. So far, I've only used A+ and can only say the colour went on smoothly, has a great shine and does appear to be wearing pretty well. I'm pretty heavy handed so I expect chips around the 3-4 day mark but thus far not a chip in sight (we're at day three). I'll keep you posted.

As you can see, I also grabbed a fair few of the Sephora sheet masks to try, namely the Rose Mask which helps to moisturise and brighten, the Pomegranate Mask to energise and reduce fatigue, the Green Tea Mask to help with blemishes, the Honey Mask to moisturise and balance and the Lotus Mask to hydrate and sooth (which I've used and will review shortly).

First impressions are that these masks are literally saturated with product so it seems a shame to pop them in the bin after only one use. What I love about them is that they're in individual sachets so they're great for travelling and I also really like that you don't need to rinse the product off when you're finished, just rub in the excess.

Whilst this is a short but sweet post of initial first impressions of two very different products, I'll be sure to post my full thoughts soon, Don't worry, when it comes to the sheet masks I'll be sure to post a super embarrassing snap of me giving them a test run. 

Did I miss a trick in Sephora? What other own brand products should I consider grabbing next time?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)