Saturday, August 8, 2015

Outfit of the Day - The Patterned Jumpsuit

Ad and I recently ventured to down to Brighton for Pride, one of my favourite things to do in the summer. We always watch the parade before heading to Preston Park to take part in the festival, i.e. listen to some awesome music, enjoy the sunshine and drink plenty of cider.
Outfit wise, I knew I wanted something which had a bit of relaxed boho vibe, but I also wanted something I would feel comfortable in when we ventured to Revolution later that evening.
Today I'm wearing:

Jumpsuit: Edrea Jumpsuit - Hilfiger Denim - £45
Sandals: Hush Puppies
Bag: Limited Edition - Marks & Spencer
Sunglasses: Free from Barefoot Wines
First, lets talk about this jumpsuit. Normally I'm not one for designer bits and pieces but this is currently half price in the Very sale having been reduced from £90 to £45. It's still available in all sizes (bar the small) so I thought I better blog about it sooner rather than later before it sells out.
What really drew me was the halterneck style and the tie up back which is cute and ideal for days in the sunshine. The print itself is a bold electric/cobalt blue which has a slight Aztec feel to it making it pretty on trend for this season.
The fit is slightly slouchy which gives things a pretty casual feel. The trouser portion is straight legged making it perfect for us ladies with bigger calf muscles.
It's kept feeling chic via the elasticated waist, side zip detailing and leather thing belt which I tied on a figure of 8 as opposed to a traditional bow. It's also worth mentioning that this jumpsuit came with roomy side pockets and also some pockets which sit to the rear.
As I wanted to keep the festival feel, I paired this with tan sandals and my Limited Edition bag from Marks & Spencer with cute floral detailing. Ad grabbed me the floral headband from a street vendor on the day for a few pounds. It certainly added to the whole festival vibe.
One thing I would say is that you may want to consider washing this a couple of times before wearing. I wore this for the first time to Pride and it left my legs and torso rather blue. The colour also transferred to my bag where it rubbed against the print. Whilst the blue washed straight off with a bit of soap and water, it is worth noting in case you plan on sitting on any cream sofas or have a beautiful prized handbag which has a tendency to take on colour.
Make-up wise, it has to be simple and fuss free given we planned on dancing away from 11-6. As such, I'm wearing the Double Wear Light foundation by Estee Lauder, a mix of my Bobbi Brown Shadow Sticks and the new Clinique Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara in Black Honey.

How would you style this jumpsuit? Would you wear something like this to a festival? Do you have any favourites when it comes to long wearing festival make-up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)