Saturday, September 19, 2015

Outfit of the Day - The Plaid Shirt

Given the cooler turn in the weather, I felt that it was time to grab out my androgynous boots, black skinny fit jeans and loose fitting shirts with deep autumnal colours. 
Today, I'm wearing:
Jeans: Jade Stretch Skinny - Oasis - £40
Shirt: Roll-Sleeve Plaid Henley - Gap - £34.95
Boots: Horrigan Jet Boots - H by Hudson
Watch: Marc Jacobs
Handbag: Dr Martens
Sunglasses: Runaways Luxe - Le Specs - £55
I was actually pretty lucky in getting my mitts on this shirt as Gap were doing 40% off their entire new collection thus meaning I only had to pay £20 which I thought was a bit of a steal. The overall fit of the shirt is nice and loose coming up a little shorter at the front with a longer shirt tail at the back. As we were travelling up north from London, I wanted to ensure I was wearing something comfortable.
The material itself feels more like a super soft brushed cotton as opposed to anything overly rigid and the sleeves can be worn up or down depending on your mood. What really drew me to the shirt (apart from the whole androgynous looseness of the whole thing) were the gorgeous autumnal colours, namely teal and a lush berry plum sort of shade.
To keep with the boyish feel of the outfit, I donned a fairly new addition to my wardrobe in the form these boots from H by Hudson. They're hand made and feature a jet black leather front, leather straps, a luscious suede back, leather sole and a nice dinky 4.5cm heel making them an awesome replacement for my old M&S boots which sadly died a death last winter owing to the fact I practically lived in them!
A reliable bag and a classic watch made this something of a perfect outfit for dawdling around the city before meeting an old friend for some drinks before heading out for dinner that evening.
As the sun decided to pop his head out from behind the clouds, I of course needed to don my sunglasses. These ones from Le Specs are a classic shape, super weighty and are a total bargain at only £55. I think they're super stylish with the chunky style and gold-tone arms, plus they also offer great UV protection to boot. 

Later in the day, I decided to "invest" in this gorgeous lipstick from Urban Decay which seems to just pull the whole look together, something of a cheeky bonus if I ever did see one.

Will you be donning plaid this autumn? What do you think of my new boots? Do you love androgynous styling?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)