Monday, October 12, 2015

My Haircare Essentials

Over the years, I've tried numerous hair care products in a bid to keep my hair healthy, shiny, nourished and strong. Whilst there are some products I'll quite happily rotate, there are others which have earned themselves numerous repurchases. Today, I thought I'd share some of the bits and pieces I use on my barnet.
First of all, shampoo and this Pure Hydrate Shampoo from Pureology is something which I cannot do without. Having tried numerous shampoos over the years, my hair is never healthier than when I'm using this. At £25 for a full litre of shampoo, this lasts for well over 3 months with both Ad and I using it on a daily basis.

The whole range is gentle on coloured hair (vital given I colour my hair several times a year), smells delicious, lathers up an absolute dream and is free from sulfates. As an added bonus, everything is suitable for vegans.

Once a week however, I do like to use a detoxing shampoo to get rid of any product build-up and to clarify my hair. At the moment, I'm using the Purify Shampoo, again from Pureology which was about £11 for a 250ml bottle. It has a lovely menthol smell, no doubt thanks to the tea-tree and witch hazel which makes it really refreshing to use. A little goes a long way so I can see this lasting me for several months.

Again, once a week, I've been using this Hair Growth Treatment by Lee Stafford which you massage into your hair and scalp post-shampoo and leave on for around 5 minutes. It contains some sort of protein complex which is supposed to help your hair grow faster whilst strengthening your follicles. I loose a lot of hair over the summer months (literally feels like I'm malting!) and this seems to reduce the amount of hair which is falling out which can only be a good thing when it's so fine.

Then we get onto conditioner and I've really been loving the John Frieda Beach Blonde Detangling Conditioner. Now, don't let the name fool you, this isn't just for blondes! I find this to be great for smoothing and calming my hair without being overly weighty. As my hair gets longer, it has a tendency to get pretty knotty and this helps to prevent that. It's super minty smell is also divine.

If my hair needs a little more nourishment, then I'll reach for the Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Hair Rescue Mask which I've purchased on several occasions. To use, it's a case of scooping out whatever you need and massaging into your hair and scalp, leaving in for a minute and then rinsing out. It's enriched with Argan Oil and Mineral Proteins which leave my hair feeling super soft, nourished and uber shiny.

After I'm done in the shower, I tend to blast my hair dry with some sea salt spray (most brands have a version which does the trick) or leave it to air dry as I'm trying to reduce the amount of heat damage I subject my hair to! If I feel my hair needs it, I'll run a couple of drops of hair oil through the ends to keep them from splitting.

What are your hair care essentials? Are there any products which you repurchase?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)