Saturday, October 10, 2015

Outfit of the Day - The Paisley Print

I'm not one to really follow trends and fashion, but there's something about the 70's revival that I really do love. I know that boho style prints and flowing fabrics are totally within my comfort zone and they're something I'm quite happy to rock from time to time.
Naturally the flurry of loose fitting t-shirts, flared jeans, slouchy boots and relaxed fitting dresses within the stores meant that I was kinda desperate to grab one or two bits to pop into my wardrobe.
Today I'm wearing:

Dress: Black 70's Print Gypsy DressRed Herring at Debenhams -£38
Boots: Aldo - Incredibly Old!
Bag: Dr Martens
Being a bit of a bargain hunter, I was able to nab this piece during a blue cross sale at 20% off. What really drew me in was the paisley print with swirling teals, greys and earthy tones. This neutral palette made me feel quietly confident that I'd find several ways to style this with bits and pieces already in my wardrobe.
Today, I decided to style it simply with leggings and slouchy leather brown boots but I know it would look equally fabulous with a black roll neck top, faux fur gillet and fedora hat as the weather gets cooler.
As you can see, this came complete with it's own faux leather belt, and subtle tassel detailing and metal beads on the neckline. The fit is loose and flowing with more 'traditional' style boho billowing sleeves.
Whilst I'm usually a size 10, I had to size up when purchasing this dress as my forearms and upper arms are quite muscley and they felt quite squashed in the 10. The fabric on this dress does not stretch and the sleeves are not elasticated. If, like me, you're a little more rounded in the arms, I would recommend you do the same.
I kept my hair super scruffy and my make-up really natural. I wanted to keep things totally fuss free and relaxed in order to really embrace the gypsy feel of the dress.
How would you style this dress? What pieces are you loving as part of the 70's revival? Are you a fan of boho?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)