Saturday, January 30, 2016

Make-up Look - Glamorous Bronze Smoky Eye

I'm not usually one to slap on the make-up but when I'm off out for a night on the town, I like to make a little more of an effort. Lucky for me, Ad bought me Easy on the Eyes by the gorgeous Benebabe that is Lisa Potter-Dixon a book chock full of make-up looks that can be done in 5, 15 or 30 minutes.
For this look, I picked the Bronze Smoky Eye in 15 minutes which requires three bronze shadows, mascara, a brown eyeliner and plenty of blending brushes. As such, I decided to utilise my Too Faced Chocolate Box palette below, I used Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate and Black Forest truffle but you can use any bronzy shades you have. 
To achieve this look, I used Creme Brulee (the gold shade) all over the lid ensuring that I didn't go any higher than the socket. Then I used Haute Chocolate (a medium bronze) and blended this right into the socket using a fluffy blending brush. To finish the lids, I used Black Forest (the darker bronze) on the outer corner of my lid and then blended this to achieve a nice even finish. Blending really is key to this look! Smoke a little of Black Forest under the lash line as well for a deeper look.
Then, I took the gold shadow and applied a touch more to the centre of the lid before adding lashings of mascara and lining my waterline with a brown kohl liner. I used my Tarte Coloured Clay Eyeliner in Chocolate for this as it's soft and super blendable. 
Then it was time to polish off the look with a vibrant red lip, my choice here was the Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Virgin, a classic red which oozes glamour and sophistication. Naturally a red lip does require some re-application but when it's this luscious it's totally worth it.
I kept the rest of my look paired back opting for the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation, my Hourglass Dim Infusion Blush, and curled my hair using the trustee Babyliss for long-lasting and flexible waves. 

What do you think of this look? Is it something you'd try? If you're keen to get more adventurous with your eye make-up, this book might be handy to add to your collection!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)