Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday Munchies - New York Fold

It's no secret that Ad and I are serious pizza lovers, I mean it's a running joke in my office that Friday night, in the Thomas household in pizza night and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Even if we can't have pizza on a Friday, it'll be scheduled in for as soon as possible after.

Point being, we love pizza.

So, when I read about NY Fold, a pizzeria in London offering New York style slices of pie (as well as pasta and salads if you're that way inclined) for dirt cheap prices, Ad and I knew we needed to pay a visit.
Holy mama, would you just look at those pizzas? I mean seriously? That alone is the most inviting thing alive after having had my work Christmas party the night before.
As you can see, everything is cooked in proper pizza ovens, and there really is a wide range of options to suit every palette.
There are even sweet treats available if you were that way inclined! I didn't have the room, but you know, each to their own.
The score is simple, £3.95 a slice, £7.50 for two or just under £20 for the whole thing. We were hungry so opted for a started and two slices each. I can assure you, that was a mistake, this stuff is seriously filling.
To start, we had cheesy garlic bread dunkers which came with a choice of three sauces for dunking: tomato marinara, parsley pesto or a spicy pink sauce. It actually came with 6 dunkers but by the time I remembered to take a photo we were kinda done. The dunkers were light, super crispy, uber fluffy and the dips were divine, the pesto was my favourite. We kept these to one side for dunking our pizza.
Next, it was time for the pizza, the slices were frikken HUGE, with a starter, I reckon one slice would be enough. I mean, I really struggled and I normally hoover my food down.
We ordered quite a selection including:
Juliet: mozzarella, Gorgonzola dolce, fig jam, prosciutto crudo and a balsamic glaze
The Butcher Shoppe: bacon, pepperoni, sliced meatball, ham, pinched sausage and mozzarella
Hot Italian: Cumberland sausage, caramelised onion, roasted sweet bell peppers, hot peppers and mozzarella
Starry Hope: Mashed meatballs, caramelised onion, whipped ricotta, mozzarella and house made pesto
The pizzas were absolutely delicious, again the bases were thin and crispy (none of this deep pan rubbish) and the toppings, I thought, were really full of flavour. The Juliet especially was lovely and sweet and not at all what I was expecting. Whilst I was uber full after my meal, I didn't feel bloated which is so often the way when eating pizza out. I just felt content and full of ooey gooey cheesy goodness.

On top of this, I found the service to be brilliant, our server was full of energy, super friendly and enthusiastic and this really added to our experience here. Good service goes such a long way towards your overall enjoyment when eating out and whilst I can only write a few short sentences here, the service was really on point.

Will we be back? In two words....HELL YEAH, the pizza was awesome, the prices were insanely low and the atmosphere here was just great. Why the heck this place wasn't packed to the brim on a Saturday afternoon I have no idea, but if this means I can always get a table without having to queue (trust me, this is a luxury in London) then that suits me just fine.

Do you know of any pizza gems in London? Have you tried NY Fold yet? If not, why not!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)