Saturday, November 30, 2013

What Laura Wants - Revisited in Time for Christmas

You're sick of hearing this I am sure, but with Christmas around the corner I thought it might be fun to revisit What Laura Wants.  While most of the items this week are notably beauty related, there are some other things on my hit list which I've got my beady little eye on.

First of all is the The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home which can be picked up for only £5 from Amazon.  I loved their previous cookbook and found their recipes to be pretty much fool-proof. As such, I am naturally hoping that this offering is much the same. With recipes such as custard cream cupcakes, black bottom pie and raspberry and jelly rolls this sounds as if it'll be a treat to play with and resulting in an expanding waist line.

Next, these Satin Revere Pyjamas by Rosie for Autograph at £35 from M&S look absolutely gorgeous. Whilst satin might not be the best idea for colder climes, I love how luxurious these feel certainly more expensive than they are. They come pre-boxed and would be a treat to open on Christmas day. I have to be honest and say I love nothing more than coming home from work and diving into some clean PJ's and these would make a welcome addition to my mismatched collection.

Now as I am sure you know, I have become incredibly fond of a certain cream cleanser over the past month or so. However, I have been hearing rave reviews about the Pai Camellia & Rose Cleanser which is £25 from BeingContent. This is an organic cleanser which removes impurities and make-up, whilst being 100% natural.  It has a rather large celebrity fan base (including Natalie Portman) and many swear by it's ability to calm their skin when things are getting stressful.

Right, it should be known I have fine hair and a lot of it.  My hair has a tendency to fall flat and even after an age of trying to curl it, it will often revert to it's naturally floppy state only a few minutes later. Some bloggers have recommended trying products from the Bumble & Bumble range to help give my hair some much needed OOOOMPH. You can imagine my joy when I spotted the Tousled Two-Step which can be purchased for £27 from Space NK.  It includes a thickening hair spray and a texturising cream to give your hair that undone look thus making it a great introduction to the range.

Finally, I should point out that I am actually about to polish off a bottle of this stuff.  The Lancome Eau Micellaire Douceur can be picked up for £22.50 from Boots and it's a multi-function treat which has lasted me for months!  I use this remove all of my make-up in the evening (although waterproof make-up will need something tougher). Or if I'm feeling super lazy it works as a cleanser/toner for those nights when you can't be bothered to do a full cleanse.  I only do this if I've not left the house all day or I'm about to sling on a face mask.  Anywho, the points is that as I'm running out and I'd be grateful for a little replenishment if anyone is feeling a wee bit generous.

What are you hoping Santa will bring you this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)