Saturday, April 12, 2014

Dior Addict Lip Glow - Color Awakening Lipbalm in Coral - A Review

It's no secret, I am completely addicted to lipbalms. I have them scattered all over the house with a Bodyshop offering tucked beside my bed, a tube of the uber nourishing Dr Lipp in the front room, some superbalm in my bathroom and a chubby stick in my handbag. Hopefully you get the idea that I have a soft spot for lipbalms and have quite a collection.

Moving on to the matter at hand, whilst a basic lipbalm is always handy to have, as I am a total chicken when it comes to lipsticks, a tinted lipbalm is a good trick to add a subtle pop of colour to your lips. As of late, I've been exploring the field to find something that little bit different.
Step in the Dior Addict Lip Glow which claims to be a made-to-measure balm reacting to the chemistry of your lips. What does this actually mean I hear you say?
Basically, everyones skin is different and there's some sort of fancy scientific element to the balm which enhances your natural lip colour.
I should point out at this stage that I picked up the Lip Glow in the limited edition Coral shade which has been released as part of the Spring 2014 Trianon Collection. The original Lip Glow is a pink Baume De Rose-esque shade but no less pretty.

Both of the Lip Glow shades come with SPF 10 to protect your lips and are formulated with wild mango to really nourish and refresh your lips.

I have to say firstly that whilst the made-to-measure element may sound a little gimicky, to put it to the test, I managed to persuade Ad to put it on after I'd slicked on a layer and observe. Sure enough, my lips had more of a coral pop and there was a subtle difference between the colour which was on my lips to the colour which ended up on Ad's.

The below picture is before application. I had been wearing this during the day when I took this picture, hence the slight tint to my lips. If nothing else, this demonstrates how long lasting the colour can be!
Furthermore, I did notice that the colour develops more over time and did intensify, I've tried to capture this in the picture below but I'm not overly sure it's translated particularly well.
Overall, I think this is a really great concept, the balm is actually really nourishing and my lips certainly felt hydrated and refreshed. I'm tempted to grab the original pink shade but I'm not sure the purse strings would forgive me.

The Dior Lip Glow is £22.50 and is available from any concession.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)