Monday, April 14, 2014

Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask - A Review

It's no secret that when it comes to exfoliation, I have a bit of a love affair with acid based exfoliants. Gone are the days of harsh apricot based scrubs and in their place the no less effective but certainly less abrasive acids, enzymes and AHA's. 

On a weekly basis I like to indulge in something a wee bit more intensive. Readers of my blog will know I'm a big fan of the REN Glycolactic Radiance Mask which I reviewed HERE. However, in my recent trawl of the beauty sales I stumbled across an absolute bargain that I just had to buy.
The Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask comes in a box of 6 individual use sachets and usually retails for £25. It was on sale in Marks & Spencer for only a fraction of the price at £7! Naturally this meant that I stocked up, grabbing myself two boxes to ensure that I don't go running out any time soon.

The mask works in much the same way as my beloved REN in that it relies on fruit enzymes and AHA's to dissolve any dead skin cells thus leaving your skin brighter and more radiant. In addition, the pomegranate extract works to infuse the skin with antioxidants which help to prevent further damage to the skin from free radicals.
The directions within the box recommend applying one whole sachet to your face. In my experience one sachet is more than enough for two generous uses so please don't go wasting it by using more than is necessary!

I do want to point out that the directions also recommend leaving the mask on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. 

Now, I've been using the REN for well over 6-months so I'd like to say my skin is pretty used to acid exfoliants. The Murad mask seriously tingles, not in an uncomfortable way by any stretch but I was a little surprised by how much I felt this on my skin. I left the mask for 10-minutes before rinsing, obviously if the tingling is uncomfortable, please rinse off sooner!!

The mask didn't feel tacky on my skin and felt like it had dried on my skin (without that tight clay feeling) leaving it with a slight sheen.

What of the results?
 
My skin has honestly never felt smoother. I don't think even the REN makes my skin this soft! Any signs of dull skin have vanished and the skin around my nose is wonderfully soft. The red marks on my face left over from bad breakouts are slowly fading and my skin seems brighter.

My ONLY criticism of this product is that it is a little runny. It is still workable and it's not a major flaw, but it's just a heads up so you don't go spilling any by expecting a thick gloopy product. I'd definitely recommend picking up a pack if you can find one.

If you're not having luck in Marks & Spencer, then any Murad concession will be able to help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)