Monday, April 7, 2014

Outfit Of The Day - Patterned Trousers

Hello again, first of all, I'd just like to say I've been super bored with my hair lately, as such, I've had around 3 inches whacked off by the lovely Kiyo at Ash in Bromley. I've also gone from a dark chocolate brown to a milkier chocolate shade. Let's all take a second to bask in it's lovely newness.
Right, now onto the purposes of today's post, patterned trousers! First of all, I have to say I'm quite proud of some of my more recent purchases. Ad is always encouraging me to venture outside of the dreaded comfort zone and on first glance I wasn't totally convinced by these trousers but now I love them.
The trousers are a regular length but hit me on the ankle which is ideal given I'm not super tall but not petite either. I was a little concerned that they may be a little fitted however, they have fantastic stretch and a lot of give. The fabric is also lovely and soft and doesn't feel to heavy or restrictive so I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of them both in the office and during the weekends. 

Today I'm wearing:

Jacket: Tu at Sainsburys - who'd have thunk?
Top: Topshop
Trousers: Oasis - £35 HERE
Pumps: New Look - £15 HERE
Necklace: Cutie Pie
Watch: Marc Jacobs
I love this jacket so much, it was an absolute steal at around £15 from Sainsburys back in 2010 so it's doing pretty well to have lasted so long. It's ideal for warmer weather with it's cropped sleeves and nipped in waist. I'm normally a blazer kind of girl so this is one of my go-to cover-ups as it's pretty light to carry around.
Don't be fooled by the simplicity of the vest top. It's got a gorgeous cut-out lace back which make's it that little bit cheeky. It's lovely with a slightly loose fit meaning it doesn't cling to much to my tummy.

Make-up wise, I'm sure it'll come as no surprise to hear I'm wearing the Lancome Air De Teint foundation again. I'm also wearing a little of the Chanel Les Beiges (shade 20 if you're wondering) over the top to give me a little more glow. On the eyes, I have a combination of shades from the new Chanel Les Ombres Quad in Tisse Cambon which I hope to do a review on soon. This is topped off with my Eyeko mascara.

On the lips, I've used the Model Co lipstick in Kitty with a slick of gloss from Stila on the top.

Have you been brave enough to try patterned trousers yet? Would you keep things simple like me or spice things up a bit with clashing prints and textures?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)