Saturday, May 31, 2014

Biore - Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser - A Review

I'm a great lover of clay masks when my skin is playing up, the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask  is a firm favourite but masks are strictly reserved for the weekend when I can relax and take things easy. As such, I'm always looking to find quick ways to unclog and decongest my skin mid-week without having to sacrifice my limited me-time during the evenings.

I recently spotted the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser during a trawl for new and exciting products in my local Boots, as it was only £3.33 on offer I thought I'd have nothing to loose. I remember Biore from my younger days when those rather lovely black headed clearing nose strips (please tell me I'm not the only one who used those) were all the rage.
This product has actually been around for a while in the States, (naturally I only know these due to my love affair with Allure Magazine) and it certainly grabbed my interest given that it seemed to be a cleanser version of above mentioned face mask .
This cleanser promises to draw out dirt and impurities leaving your face tingly smooth and pores twice as clear as compared to a normal cleanser. Quite a promise eh? The big question is whether it delivers.

Ok first things first, the tingle, it really does tingle whilst massaging into my skin, it wasn't uncomfortable by any stretch but I would warn, don't get this too close to your eyes, it will sting. The things I do to test products! 

The smell of the product reminded me of menthol so this may explain the tingling sensation!

Next, don't be put off by the rather attractive black colour of the wash, once you're massaging this into the skin it actually turns into a white foam and rinses off clean. The texture is more akin to something I'd expect from a gel cleanser as opposed to what I'd expected from a peek inside the bottle, i.e. something more clay like.
In terms of effectiveness, my face felt refreshed after use without any dryness or tightness which I did anticipate on some level. A lot of skincare aimed at blemished skin can really leave my skin feeling overly dry after use but not this!
Here's a closer look at what you can expect to come out of the bottle!

All in all, even at the full price of £4.99 I think this cleanser is great value, my skin was left feeling fresh and clean post use and I noticed that my misbehaving skin had calmed down even after just three uses in the morning. I can attest to the effectiveness as rather helpfully a large blemish popped up on my left cheek the day before I purchased this and three days later, whilst it was still a little red, it was no longer raised or angry looking!

Have you tried to new Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser yet? What did you think?

 

2 comments:

  1. Biore was my brand! And my girlfriends and I definitely spent many a sleepover rocking those nose, chin, and forehead strips. I love facial products, especially ones with herbs, charcoal, clay, etc. Menthol feels so nice and tingly on the face, too. This sounds like a fun one! Unfortunately, my skin still acts up at 27, so acne facial treatments are still necessary in my life. I'll look for this next time I'm at the store.

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cannot get over how good this is for the price! Even at full price this is seriously good stuff.

      I love products that tingle as they let me know they're working and the menthol smell just gives the impression that it's giving the skin a good old clean.

      I think if you're after a budget cleanser to decongest the skin, it'll definitely be worth a look, maybe to use every other day if you're skin is being pesky.

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)