Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday Tasties No.41

It's been a while since I graced these pages with a recipe I know, don't take this to mean I've not been cooking, but I've been trying out some new bits and pieces which I want to be just so before sharing with you.

In the meantime, since my visit to Joes Southern Kitchen, I'd been craving Macaroni and Cheese, nothing beats a good old Mac 'n' Cheese, it's pure indulgent comfort food. Not that it's comfort food weather of course.

Macaroni Cheese
 
For this dish you'll need the following, the optional ingredients I've marked with a * so you can leave these out if you prefer.
  • 250g macaroni
  • 250g cheddar or any other cheese which you like, ensure it's grated
  • 250ml evaporated milk
  • 2 eggs
  • A pinch of nutmeg
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Smoked sausage, chopped *

A per usual, stick your oven on at around 200 degrees and grab an oven proof tray. I like to slightly oil mine to ensure nothing sticks.

Cook your pasta as per packet instructions, I've used dried so it'll need to be in the pan for around 10 minutes.
Once cooked, drain your pasta and sling it back into the same pan, you don't want to have any extra washing up to do now do you? I take this opportunity to stick in the sliced sausage so it can warm through a wee bit.
Now it's onto the best bit, the sauce. Add the cheese, evaporated milks and eggs and the nutmeg to a food processor.
Now give it a frikken good blitz.
When you have everything combined, add it to the hot pasta and sausage and give everything a good stir before seasoning to taste.
Tip the mixture into your oven proof dish and whack it into the oven for 10-15 minutes until it's golden and bubbling and looking scrummy.
This mixture is enough to serve four so I'll no doubt have another portion for my lunch this week, not that I'm complaining, this stuff is awesome.

What do you turn to as a fail-safe comfort dish?

This recipe is adapted from one I've seen in the Nigella Express Cookbook, I've just added a couple of extras as Ad likes meat in almost every dish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)