Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tuesday Tasties No.46 - Weekend Winners with Chicken

As my blog is approaching it's first birthday, I thought I would start taking a look back at some of my favourite recipes and foodie posts I've shared with you, starting with Weekend Winners with Chicken. Or, as Ad has just said "winner winner chicken dinner." 

This will be a brief compilation of some recipes which take a wee bit more time to fling together along with a photo for ease of reference and I've linked to the page so you can give it a go. I'm nice like that!

First up we have the Chicken Mole and Green Rice whilst this does take a good hour or two to fling together it's pretty darn cheap and is packed full of chocolate and has a subtle chilli heat. Ladies, if you're craving chocolate this is a good and sneaky way to get your fill, plus, your man will be grateful for something with a kick.
Sticking with the chicken theme and keeping things that little bit sweet, we have the BBQ Chicken and Sweet Potato Chips which I love for several reasons. The first being that there always something oh so satisfying about ripping a fully cooked chicken to shreds, and the second being that this chicken dish will make more than enough leftovers for a cold cut salad or sandwich the next day and another main meal. I like to use my leftovers to make a risotto style dish, but you can do what you fancy.
Now for a cheap and cheerful chicken dish which I first stumbled upon in the Jamie Oliver 30-Minute Meals cook book and have fiddled with until it's just how I like it. Sweet, hot, fragrant and just a little bit boozy, the Jerk Chicken with Rice & Beans is always a winner with friends and can be made well in advance if you're busy.
My final recipe isn't really something I think is for summer, but it's definitely a Weekend Winner as it needs that little bit of extra love and care to really make it sing. My Chicken and Leek Pie tastes delicious and is as cheap as you want it to be, I used Basics/Extra Value/Smart Price ingredients when I made mine for the blog and it tasted a heck of a lot more pricey than it actually was. This is not only a Weekend Winner but it's purse friendly as well.
That's all for this week, I hope you've enjoyed a little refresher, I certainly have, it's been really fun to look back and oogle all of the really scrummy food I've been scoffing over the course of the last year. I've spotted that all of the above recipes are pretty purse friendly, which just goes to show, you don't need to break the bank to eat well. 

Let me know if you've given any of these recipes a go, I love to hear from you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)