Monday, August 11, 2014

You Beauty Discovery - August Beauty Box

Some of you may recall that last month I received my first ever You Beauty Discovery Box. As the box is only £6.95 including delivery, I didn't really expect much, but I have to say I was actually pretty impressed with the contents. The added bonus was that I was able to select two of the products which meant no disappointment during the unboxing stage!
As I gave everyone the whole spiel last month about how this beauty box works, I'll crack right on with letting you guys know what I received this month!
  • Louise Galvin - Sacred Locks Treatment Mask - 100ml. I do love to pamper my hair and make a conscious effort to pop on an intensive treatment every Sunday. As I'm running a bit low on the old hair mask stash front I opted for this rather generous product. It apparently contains a honey, wheat proteins and other natural conditioners to hydrate the hair, leaving it nourished, shiny and full of body.  As a plus it's free from chemical nasties and Emily Blunt is a fan - GIMMIE!
  • Eucerin Sun Fluid - Mattifying SPF 30 - 50ml (full size!).  I always put SPF on my face, be it through my moisturiser or my make-up, it's important to ensure that you skin is protected. Eucerin is special in that it provides both UVA and UVB protection. In addition this product is specifically designed for your face meaning it won't clog pores and as it's mattifying, it's even suitable for oily skins. My beauty obsessed colleague popped this on her skin this morning and I was amazed to notice it had actually evened out her skin tone! I can't wait to give this a try under my make-up.
  • Jimmy Choo Eau De Parfum & New Man. I got a little handbag size of each which is always ideal for travelling. The ladies fragrance is very sweet with a whiff of patchouli and the male equivalent having similar notes and a hint of pineapple leaf of all things. Not my personal favourite fragrance wise but still handy to have.
  • Four Way Nail Bufffer. Pretty much what is says on the tin, a good size to slip into my handbag and an essential for at home manicures as it helps to shape, smooth, buff and shine your nails.
  • FaceD -3 Luronics Cream Serum. This is a new discovery for me and in all honesty I've not heard of this brand before. Having done some digging around, it's roots are Italian and this particular product is designed to reduced wrinkles and expression lines from first application. In addition, accordingly to their own research, 80% of users felt their skin was brighter after first application. Sounds good and it's available from my local pharmacy so if I like it, it shouldn't be to hard to get hold of.
All in all, this is another good mix of products with some generous sample sizes and I consider this to be great value for money. The Eucerin alone is £15 in Boots meaning the box was worth a fair old bit more than I paid for it. That's a WIN in my books.

Have you tried You Beauty Discovery yet? Would you be tempted for £6.95?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)