Saturday, August 16, 2014

Outfit of the Day - Sightseeing in the Sunshine

Another outfit post from me, and this is one which I think is pretty peachy as the main piece can be worn no less than 4 different ways AND it was in the sale for £14.99. Oh, and it gets better, as it's still available in pretty much all of the sizes! 

Now you've had a chance to breathe, shall I get started?
Today I'm wearing:

Dress: Stripe 4-in-1 dress - Gap - £14.99
Belt: Topshop
Hat: Trilby - Oasis - £15.00
Necklace: Beaverbrooks 

So, first things first the dress, three words I love it. So much so that I also bought this with grey stripes and am currently eyeing up the red. This is obviously just one of the ways you can wear it, as a strapless maxi. However, you can roll down the top section and wear it as a strapless midi-dress, roll it down further and wear it as a strapless mini-dress and then squash it down to your hips and wear it as a maxi-skirt.
The weight of the fabric means it clings in all of the right places and there's a fair old bit of stretch in there as well so I've never felt uncomfortable or as though all of my lumps and bumps are on display. Oh, and I've never had to worry about that bulge underneath the arms and around my back which you sometimes get with strapless dresses (ladies you know what I mean). When I've worn this as a dress, it's been great not to have to worry about hoisting it up all day as it stays put! 
It's hard to articulate but the fabric just seems to sit and hang nicely, it almost feels like it was made for my body. As I walk it has this lovely movement as well which I almost find hypnotic (no? Just me being weird again I suppose). I've also been wearing this as a skirt with a loose fitting t-shirt and flip flops for a very casual laid back feel. 

Oh, and before I forget, how cute is that hat? Like seriously? For some reason it just makes me feel ridiculously stylish and that never happens!
Make-up wise, you've probably guessed it by now as it's becoming my summer fail-safe, Lancome Air De Teint as my base and the Hourglass Dim Infusion on my cheeks.

On the eyes, yup, it's the same old same old, a couple of shades from the Chanel Les Ombres Palette in Vendome namely the highlighter shade all over the lid and the lighter brown shade in my crease, it just seems to stay put which is essential on those long summer days. 

Did you manage to find any summer bargains? What do you think of strapless dresses? How would you style this piece?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)