Saturday, October 25, 2014

Dior Vernis Nail Varnish - 970 - Nuit 1947 - A Review

Autumnal colours are some of my favourites, the deep and moody shades of red and purple just suit my skin tone and make me feel all warm and snuggly. It just makes me think of cuddles in front of the fire, roasting marshmallows and of course, the return of the Pumpkin Spiced Latte. BLISS.

As such, I'm sure it's of no surprise that as the leaves begin to turn, my taste in nail varnish echoes the colours which I find so comforting.
I've spoken of my love for the newly formulated Dior Vernis colours before, their new gel style finish is super shiny and hides a multitude of sins. In addition, I actually find this polish is pretty hard wearing if you're heavy handed like me. I can apply this on the Sunday and the first signs of chipping don't set in until Thursday (although in all honesty this is normally because I help it along.)
This particular shade, Nuit 1947  is absolutely gorgeous and is almost identical to the Chanel Rouge Noir polish. It's that deep cherry red on the nails and in some light it looks almost black. The thing I really love about the new Dior Vernis polishes is that they come with an awesome one stroke brush which helps if you're a little shaky on the application front.
Here it is in normal light, what did I say, it looks as though it's black. I'm a big fan of darker polish on shorter nails, and I trimmed mine right back this weekend. I reckon the Nuit 1947 really makes them look quite chic.
Here it is in the sunlight, you can see the red tones here. It's probably one of the more vampy shades I own and whilst two coats seems to do the trick, I like to add a third to make the colour that little bit deeper.

I can guarantee over the colder months this year this will be my go to polish.

What's your go to polish in the colder months? What do you think of the Dior Vernis in Nuit 1947?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)