Monday, April 6, 2015

Chanel Rouge Coco in Arthur - A Review

Unless you've been living in a box, then I'm sure you won't have failed to notice that the infamous Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks have been relaunched. 
This seemed to me to be as good a time as any to invest in my first ever Chanel lipstick (with a little help from Ad I might add) as despite the hefty £26 price tag, I knew that this would be something I would treasure for a long time.
The most difficult decision however, was what colour to go for! I'd been lucky enough to receive some mini samples with a selection of 6 colours from the 22+ shade range. Some I had been seriously enamoured with such as the beautiful coral red of Coco and the "my lips but better" shade Adrienne but I really wanted a statement colour and one which I'd feel was special each and every time I pulled it out of my make-up drawer.
As you can see, I went for 440 Arthur, an absolute corker of a red and one which I felt, despite my paleness, really suited my complexion. I had actually nipped into the store with my good friend Jaque the week before and she loved this shade on me. 
The formula of these lipsticks is wonderful. They go on with a little hint of shine and dry down to a semi-matt finish. The texture is surprisingly nourishing and hydrating at the same time and not drying in the slightest. The jojoba and sunflower butters mean these literally glide on the lips with no pulling or tugging and I didn't feel the need to use this with a liner at all.
I managed to avoid the temptation to lick my lips and rub them together too much whilst I wearing this. It meant I managed to sip four cups of tea and drink a bottle of water without the colour budging, the lipstick itself actually lasted surprisingly well once the shine had dulled down. It was almost like a stain.
The below is with one sweep, you can certainly build up the colour a little more if you fancied it! As you can see from the swatch on my hand. there is colour payoff to be had if you so desire it.

Have you tried the new Rouge Coco Lipsticks? What are your favourite shades?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)