Saturday, July 18, 2015

Outfit of the Day - The Oriental Playsuit

As I'm sure you've gathered by now, at the end of June, Ad and I ventured over to Croatia for the first time. I can't say I did a good job of capturing many of my outfits (although most of the time I was just in my bikini! You don't need to see that!) but I managed to get a few shots of one or two pieces.
On the day these shots were taken, we had ventured into Dubrovnik to take part in a Game of Thrones Tour and to venture up the cable car to get a better view of the city (more on both points in another post!). The lovely little orange box around my neck is my radio so I can keep up to speed with our guide.
Today I'm wearing:

Playsuit: Oasis
Hat: Oasis
Sunglasses: Ralph Lauren
Bag: Mango
Shoes: Birkenstocks

As it was so hot out there, I knew that I needed something comfortable and non-clingy whilst pottering about the city. Whilst a playsuit might not spring to mind as the most practical outfit, you'd be surprised to know that this really was incredibly comfy.
The fabric is light and it didn't cling at all during our day out in the city. It was also pretty easy to slip into and out of when nature called owing to the dinky spaghetti straps which I could simply slip off my shoulders whenever the need arose. Also, that print is simply gorgeous, I don't think it could get much more summery if it tried.
Throughout the duration of our tour there weren't many shady spots so a hat and sunglasses are two essentials to avoid the dreaded sunburnt head and ears! The Mango bag also went everywhere with me owing to light coloured fabric print which went with almost every outfit. I'm convinced that it's the material that ensured my lip balm didn't melt during our stay.
I'd never worn my Birkenstocks prior to going away, but I have to say they were the most comfortable flip flops I own, my feet felt super supportive and I didn't get a single blister or sore spot during the week. I'd been a little sceptical about them prior to this point, but I have to say, I lived in them whilst we were away.
All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my outfit choice for the city, if I can be so bold as to say it was almost chic despite the sunscreen soaked hair!
I'm hoping to get a little more wear from the playsuit now we're back in the city, as my legs have got a touch more colour to them, I'm a bit more confident about baring my pins. As a complete aside, I cannot say enough how much I loved this city, it's so gorgeous!
What would you wear for a day exploring the city? How would you style this playsuit? Have you spotted any gorgeous summery playsuits this season?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)