Monday, December 16, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Balm - Chunky Cherry - A Review

I love a lip balm me, I leave them lying absolutely everywhere. I've got one in the front room, one in the bedroom, one in my handbag, one on my desk at work and there's even one floating around the bathroom somewhere, you get the point. In case you weren't sure, one of my biggest peeves is dry, chapped lips....YUCK!
 
Moving swiftly on, I'm sure you're all aware of the masses of tinted varieties available on the market which help to keep your pout lovingly moisturised with a slight pop of colour to boot.

One of the first brands I tried, and still have slight love affair with are the Clinique Chubby Sticks.  My Super Strawberry has actually just died a brutal death mostly owing to my determination to use every last slither of it.
Today, I thought I'd share my thoughts on another of the colours within the range, Chunky Cherry.  For those of you not familiar with Chubby Sticks, they are first and foremost a lip balm packed with mango and shea butters for an instant hit of moisturisation for dry lips.
What I love most about the Chubby Sticks is the pencil style nip which allows for a precise application.  As the nip runs a little low, you simply twist the bottom and more product will appear so no sharpeners are needed.
All of the colours are very sheer and therefore provide a subtle effect which isn't to 'in your face' but can certainly be more noticeable if you'd so desire.  Above, the top swatch is with three layers and the bottom is just a quick swipe.

Chunky Cherry is a nice pop of pink/red. I found that the colour lasted for a couple of hours before it had faded into oblivion and needed to be reapplied.  The moisturisation from the mango and shea butters sticks around for much longer though so don't worry that your lips will dry out in between applications.

On me, this colour was more notable in some lights than in others. I think in the below picture my lips are slightly more red than usual and you certainly get a clear idea of the level of colour which can be achieved.
I like to keep these handy in my handbag ('scuse the pun) in case of any unexpected lunches with the girls and when my lipstick isn't within grabbing distance.

I love these and can't wait to try out more of the colours.  You can pick up the Chubby Sticks from any Clinique concession for £17.  Mine lasted well over 6-months so it'll keep you going!

Have you used the Chubby Sticks?  What are your favourite shades?



3 comments:

  1. If I was a girl, I'd deffo be on the case. Sadly, I'm not but I will keep trying to recruit ladies to read your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. how i had never realised that chubby sticks were indeed first and foremost lip balms i will never know!clearly that one went right over the top of my head!haha!im now following your blog lovely!:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's easy to forget given the massive pop of colour!

      Following you as well - your blog has so many lovely nail ideas, it's hard to decide where to start!!!

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)