Monday, June 15, 2015

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks - A Review

Even with primer, my lids tend to be quite oily which means that unless I'm using primer, eye shadow tends to sit in the creases and/or virtually disappear by the end of the day. As such, I'm always on the look out for eye shadow which is long lasting and can hold it's own against my make-up munching face!
As we're off on holiday soon, I thought it would be a great time to pop my Bobbi Brown cherry and try something new which I could test while at home and while we're away in warmer climes!
I grabbed two shades from their Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick collection which are new for this season. Namely, Dusty Mauve 23 and Goldstone 24.
What drew me to the Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks was that they claim to last for up to 8 hours without creasing, flaking or fading. They also claim to be waterproof which is ideal if you're off somewhere toasty and things get a little heated.
Being in stick form, obviously they're super easy to travel with and can be applied straight from the stick or smudged out with your fingers or a brush if you get in there quickly enough. Simply twist and go.
The shade Dusty Mauve which is on the right is advertised as being a shimmering lavender shade, while Goldstone on the left is a shimmering brown gold. I prefer shimmering shades to matt shades as I'm sure you've gathered but the Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick collection comes in both matt and shimmer shades if you're interested.
In the centre I've swatched both colours at intensity and then on the outside, I've blended them out to give you a clearer idea of how they can look if you're after a softer effect. This photo was taken in natural light and you can see that the Goldstone colour almost has a hint of khaki about it whilst the Dusty Mauve looks rather bronzy in tone.
I took this photo right by my window and you can see that in this light, the lavender notes are quite visible in the Dusty Mauve giving my hand almost a wet style look. The Goldstone really does sheer out quite well making it ideal for layering up over other colours if you fancied.
I've got both colours layered up in the photo above with Dusty Mauve on the bottom and Goldstone sheered out over the top to bring a pop of, well gold to the eyes.

At £20 a pop these certainly aren't cheap, but they were long lasting which is exactly what I was after. I've tried products from the high street which claim to have 24-hour wear, but they just didn't deliver. These however, did! I've applied them both first thing in the morning (around 6:30 am if you're interested) and checked both at lunch and after work (5:30 pm) and found that they had only just started fading at the after work portion of my day, well after the 8 hours they claimed to last.

That makes them worth every penny in my book and I can't wait to add more shades to my collection.

Have you tried the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks? What are your favourite shades? If you spot Golden Pink anywhere please let me know, I'm desperate to get my mitts on it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)