Monday, August 24, 2015

Clinique Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara - A Review

When I found myself in need of a new mascara, my interest was peaked by the latest Clinique launch. A range of coloured mascaras including Portly Plum and Two Ton Teal as well as your general fail safe Jumbo Jet (black if you weren't sure).
The shade I had my eye on however, was Black Honey which, despite my best efforts, I could not find in store. I tried several Boots, John Lewis and even my local House of Fraser. As such, I resorted to purchasing online directly from Clinique. The plus side being, I got a whole load of freebies!
Now, what you need to know about the Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara is that its a volumising mascara that promises serious oommff with a gorgeous hit of colour.
It comes in a whopping great tube which is colour coded to match the product inside, As you can see, the colour I was so desperate to get my mitts on was Black Honey, a gorgeous burgundy shade.
The brush is one of those plastic ones as opposed to a bristle brush but this does ensure that the product applies evenly to the lash without the need to apply numerous coats.
As you can see, it's the tiny bristles which grip the lashes giving them awesome volume, and I mean awesome! What I loved about this product is that there wasn't too much product leftover on the brush once you pulled it out of the tube as demonstrated above.
Above are my before and after photos. I'll leave you to deduce which one is which, what I will say however, is that I'm wearing no other make up apart from the Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara and only two swift coats at that.
Here it is as part of a totally put together face. The colour itself isn't that noticeable on the lashes, I think you can see there is something a little different but you can't quite place your finger on what. In terms of longevity, I've had absolutely no issues with flaking or crumbling and I've actually found I need to use a good quality bio-phase make-up remover to get this off!

If you're interesting in trying the new Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara for yourself, it's £17.50 and can be picked up from Boots, House of Fraser, John Lewis etc. If however, you'd like to try the Black Honey shade, I'd recommend ordering online as I've not found it in store.

Have you tried the new Clinique mascara? Are you a bristle brush or plastic brush girl? Are you keen to try out any coloured mascaras?

4 comments:

  1. Your lashes look amazing! I love how it's such a subtle difference from traditional black mascara, but it still adds something extra. Thanks for sharing Laura!

    xx K
    www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanking you! I'm a big lover of the subtle difference, it's certainly got me tempted to try some of the other colours to see how they translate on the lashes.

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. What a great lengthening mascara. It really opens up your eyes! I haven't tried any Clinique products before, but I've really been liking their new ad campaign. I feel like they're targeting younger female creatives and entrepreneurs. I'm love my Too Faced Size Queen Mascara. Once or twice a year I try something new but always go back to Size Queen. It creates a total doll face look which isn't to everyone's tastes, but it certainly works for my style!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite lucky in that my lashes are pretty long so I just need something to define and curl and I think this mascara really helps to do that. Clinique mascaras are fab and I do really enjoy most of their makeup. Their skincare however breaks me out something rotten, I keep trying the moisturiser and every single time, within a few days I'm all blotchy! It's such a shame as everyone is always raving about their skincare.

      I'd love to try more Too Faced products but it's only really available online or via the Debenhams on Oxford Street which can be a bit mental if you're not in the right mood. Have you tried their new blushes? I keep seeing them online and they look lush!

      Laura x

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)