Saturday, August 1, 2015

Outfit of the Day - Maximising my Options

Ladies, I know you share my pain in that despite having a wardrobe which is full to bursting point, I can never find anything to wear! As I've recently grabbed a couple of pieces in the mid-season sale, I did have a dress which came to mind during my wardrobe panic.
I'm sure it'll come as little surprise that I grabbed this dress from Oasis as it'd been reduced to only £25 making it a bit of a steal.
Today I'm wearing:

Dress: Oasis
Belt: Topshop
Shoes: Clarks
Sunglasses: Oasis
What made me want to part with my cash was a combination of factors the classic black base, the oriental floral print, the floaty fabric and the cheeky side splits which move gorgeously whilst you're walking.
The dress itself did come with a black belt with gold buckle detailing but I wanted to wear this with some tan heels so I swapped this out.
This is quite low cut so I would make sure that you're either wearing a black bra which you don't mind peeking through or pair it with a cute camisole so your modesty is covered. The only other thing I would mention is that I find it sits a little bit oddly where the top cross over section of fabric connects with the waistband. I've gotten around this by tucking the offending section into my belt and find it doesn't bother me too much.
I've loved having this dress in my collection as it's so versitle. It came to Croatia with us and I donned it for our super fancy meal and I've also worn it for a day pottering around London. It's tough to find pieces which can be worn for both work and play but this certainly fits into that category.
As it's still fairly humid, I kept things uber simple make-up wise with my Bareminerals as a base, a slick of nude eyeshadow and some waterproof mascara. As I don't like my hair being in my face in this heat, I just shoved it up in a bun, it actually works pretty well with the whole oriental feel out of the outfit don't you think?

Do you love maxi dresses in summer? How would you style this piece? What do you rely on when achieving an outfit for work and play?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)