Saturday, September 26, 2015

Outfit of the Day - Chic in Navy

Given how much I love an excuse to get all dolled up, when two of our awesome friends decided to finally tie the knot, I relished the opportunity to get glammed up. I mean, isn't that what weddings are for?
Today I'm wearing:

Jumpsuit: Ted Baker
Shoes: Marks & Spencer
Jacket: Lulu Kennedy for Indigo - Marks & Spencer 
Bag: Elizabeth & James
As the jumpsuit was from Ted Baker, you know that it's got to be an investment piece. The white corseted top section with the navy culottes and chic gold detailing on the belt make this timeless and classic.
(please ignore the label!)
To keep the main focus on the jumpsuit, I paired this with some champagne caged sandals which were a bargain at £20, a gorgeous blue and cream printed jacket by Lulu Kennedy (yup the same Lulu Kennedy behind the prints at East) and a super cute black leather bag with gold detailing to tie it in with the gold on my belt.
This jumpsuit has to be one of the most luxurious pieces in my wardrobe and it makes me feel like a million dollars when I wear it, it just has that weight to it. The fit of culottes is flattering and they skim over my bum and thighs without making me look overly bulky. The fabric is also worth mentioning as it's actually incredibly stretchy which was somewhat surprising as looking at the pictures you'd expect it to be quite rigid.

The whole construction of this piece just screams quality, the fabrics used are weighty which means they flow beautifully when worn, even the fabric edges have been covered with a silk type material to keep them from fraying. 

The corset is, as you'd expect a little restrictive but I was quite content to sit down for most of the afternoon before getting my groove on that evening to some frikken awesome music!

To finish to look I used my Babyliss curler, kept my make-up simple with a bold lip courtesy of Urban Decay Catfight. 

How would you style this piece? What would you wear to a wedding in September?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)