Saturday, September 12, 2015

Outfit of the Day - The Mono Jumpsuit

For the bank holiday weekend, Ad I decided to hop on the train down to Torquay to visit my future mummy in law (waves!). As such, I wanted something comfortable to wear on the train for our 3 and a bit hour journey from London. But, I also something stylish to wear out for a few drinks on the harbour before heading back to the flat.
Today I'm wearing:

Jumpsuit: Banana Republic - Sale
Sandals: BHS - VERY old

To fit the stylish side of things, I thought this monochrome printed jumpsuit from Banana Republic would be ideal. Surely monochrome is the epitome of chic yet stylish?
The slightly slouchy fit through the bust and the legs means this is incredibly comfortable to wear and is not in any way constrictive.
At first I was a little bit concerned about the drawstring/elasticated waist and ankles but only because I'm not really used to wearing this sort of clothing. Looking back through the pictures, the elasticated waist and ankle sections help to nip things in a little thus stopping me looking too sloppy and the drawstring adds a nice element of detail.
I really do love the mono leaf print on the jumpsuit, it's classic meaning that this will be a piece I can keep in my wardrobe for many years to come.
Whilst I've paired it with flats for our journey down south, I reckon this would look seriously classy with some heeled sandals, some simple bracelets or a long-line necklace and a cute clutch.
For those of you worried about the practicality of a jumpsuit, this thing was a serious pinch to get into and out of, probably the easiest jumpsuit I own to get into! There is simply one silver button at the back which you undo, then slip the straps over your shoulders and voilĂ , you're good to go. This is the first jumpsuit I've not need someone to help me out with...result.
Make-up wise, I kept things natural and super simple. Lip balm on my lips, the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue on the old fizzog and a good old slick of the Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara.

How would you style this jumpsuit? Are you a fan of monochrome? What do you wear for long trips away?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)