Monday, November 18, 2013

Budget Beauty Buys That I Love!




So, recently I was requested to do a post on budget beauty buys and the above is what I've come up with. I think this post is well timed given that Christmas is only round the corner and most of us are busy spending our hard earned pennies on others leaving little left to primp and preen ourselves.

All of these are under £10 and have quite a cult following so rest assured that despite the fact they may not be from a premium brand, they all pack a punch and do exactly what they say on the tin. These can all be picked up from Boots or Superdrug. Lets get started shall we?

First up is the Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher in Rose D'Or which can be picked up for only £7.99. Each comes with it's own blusher brush and lasts an age. The Rose D'Or is my favourite giving a subtle hint of colour. It has a wonderful velvety soft texture and goes on incredibly easy so those of you who aren't skilled in applying blusher don't need to worry about vaguely resembling a china doll when you're finished.  

Next, Maybelline Baby Lips shown in Pink Punch and a snip at only £2.99. This is essentially a lip balm which is available in a wide range of flavours and indeed shades (albeit just a slight pop of colour). It promises to provide up to 8 hours of hydration, making it a must for your hand bag as the temperatures drop.  This has only recently launched in the UK but I know several people who used to bring this back from the States in bulk, it's that good!

No budget beauty post would be complete without a mascara and this one is epic. When funds are tight I always turn to the Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara which gives your lashes amazing definition and a slight lift as well. This doesn't clump, doesn't streak and it doesn't damage your bank balance at only £9.99. No wonder it's now in the InStyle Hall of Fame for the Best Inexpensive Mascara, having won the category over 3 times in a row.

When it comes to eyes, I'm all about looking natural. It shouldn't be much of a surprise I've picked the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow in eternal pink. These have a lovely texture and can be applied with your finger tips if you're in a rush. They're heavily pigmented and are long lasting (as you'd expect given the name!) making them great for all of the upcoming festive parties which look set to keep us wiggling around until the early hours of the morning. At only £4.99 you can afford to pick up a few colours and maybe even try out a new look?

Finally, this has to be one of my favourite finds of the year; I have already amassed quite a collection of polishes from this range. Of course, I'm talking about the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure which comes in a massive variety of colours. What I love the most is that all of the colours contain a top coat, base coat, nail strengthener, growth treatment and of course the colour itself. This means that when I'm tight on time I can literally slick 2/3 coats of this on my nails and I'm done. I've found the polish to be fairly quick to dry and it has a really professional looking finish. I'll be honest and admit I was concerned about not popping on a base coat, especially for darker colours, but it's removed easily with no staining. In addition, the colour is long lasting giving me around 5-days of wear before starting to chip (I'm very heavy handed). These are only £6.99 each which is brilliant value for money. The colour above is called Coat of Arms.
  
What are your essential budget beauty buys?  If you enjoyed this post, let me know and I can share with you some more goodies!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)