Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday Tasties No. 10 - Dirty Burger, A Review

So this week, instead of the usual recipe I thought I would do something a little different and review on of the many places I've been to scoff.

This week it's the turn of Dirty Burger in Vauxhall.  Ad and I have been on a mission to find the best burger in London and have been valiantly working our way through the offerings.
It's quite unassuming from the outside and it's fairly limited in terms of seating so it's easy to see how it could fill up fairly quickly.  It's literally tucked underneath the railway bridge so ever so often, you'll spot the minor vibrations giving the lights a bit of a jiggle.  Don't let this fool you, these burgers mean serious business.
As you can see, there's a very small menu, but it my eyes, it's better to do one dish amazingly well than lots of dishes half-heartedly.  In addition to the above, they also have a burger, shake and beer of the month to tempt you.  As it was my first visit I kept it simple, two cheeseburgers (one for Ad obviously) and a portion of onion fries.
Will you just look at those fries? Just in case you're struggling to see them, here's a bigger picture for you. No naughty innuendo please, this is a family page.
It's a good job I only had a small breakfast and was pretty hungry.  What was nice was that I could watch my food being cooked from scratch as I was waiting so I can testify, it was all fresh and cooked to order.
It might not look pretty but this burger was delicious.  Soft white bun, gherkins, lettuce, onion, very gooey cheese (which is due to the fact that the burgers are steamed slightly under enormous cloche) and some amazing sauce that really finishes it all off.
The patty was well seasoned and slightly pink which is just to my liking.  It certainly lives up to it's name, it's not tidy to eat at all.  Ladies, if you're worried about juices/food falling out of the bun/eating with your hands/making a mess in general then this place isn't for you.  If like Ad and I and you're beyond all that JAZZ, then this is the place to go.  

I have been advised by a good friend who shall hereby be known as Mr Y, that after a good few drinks in the local the burgers here taste fantastic.  I can assure you that even without an alcoholic influence to warm my tummy then these burgers certainly hit the spot without breaking the bank.  Just be sure to take a couple of wet wipes to wipes all of that delicious juice off of your paws when your finished.

Are you a sucker for a good burger?  Where do you like to go when the hunger pangs strike?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)