Monday, May 19, 2014

Chanel Mini Haul

Recently my Dad come over from New Zealand with work, so Ad and I ventured up to Scotland to pay him a wee visit. Naturally this meant going through Gatwick Airport and the inevitable allure of World Duty Free. I was super excited to say the least, and I'd been stalking my local Chanel counters with a view to ascertaining what products were right for me(try all of them!).

Anywho, the two products I quite obviously had my eye on were the recently reformulated Les Ombres palettes and Les Beiges both of which I'd heard wonders about, not to mention, the packaging is super chic for both products and would be a welcome addition to my dressing table.

A recent trip to the Chanel counter confirmed my colour match for the Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder to be the shade 20 which is incidentally the same as my Chanel foundation match. I did try the slightly darker colour but it was ridiculously noticeable on my skin  and not for me.

If you've never heard of Les Beiges, this is a powder compact which gives a very sheer light coverage (we're talking seriously sheer, almost barely there, I certainly can't feel it on my skin). I have no idea how it works, but somehow it manages to give my skin a very natural and luminous glow without the product itself being particularly noticeable on the skin. Like my skin, but better is how I tend to describe such products. As a bonus this has SPF 15, smells incredible, comes with it's own brush and has a rather handy mirror to boot. This has remained in my handbag since it's purchase as it's handy for touch ups on the go.

Let me know if you want some photos showing the before and after and I'll plonk these up as soon as possible.

Now, lets talk about the eyes. I'm a natural girl at heart, and one colour in particular obviously stands out in the photo above as being particularly un-natural. The palette I went for was the Tisse Vendome which has this rather lovely peachy shade. The pigments in all four shades are amazing and due to these being formulated sans talc (making them feel almost cream like in texture), they blend really well and are pretty long lasting on the lids. 

The shade in the top right of the photo is designed to be the highlighter shade, however, I've mostly been using this all over my lids as it's really brightening. For evenings I've blended the colour in the top left into my crease for a subtle smoky eye effect. For a colour pop, I've used the peachy shade as a liner but it equally works well over the lid on it's own. The palette is super versatile and I've been able to come up with a few different looks just using these four shades.

I'm super chuffed with both of my purchases, it's always nice to find time to treat yourself eh?

Have you used either of these products? What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)