Saturday, May 24, 2014

What Laura Wants - The Summer Edition

I realise I've written summer essentials above, but what I really mean is that I consider these beauties to be little extras that I want to add to my stash, clearly this is a What Laura Wants Edit, i.e these are bits and pieces I've got my beady eye on.

  • Stila Convertible Colour - Petunia - £16 - This is a rather lovely pinky coral cream blush. As it's cream based it'll sit wonderfully over dewy make-up giving a more natural glow than your usual powder blushes which can sit in your pores as the more humid weather creeps in. I've been swatching like mad in M&S and it certainly seems to be blendable with staying power once it's set. UPDATE - I got this yesterday as I had 20% off, stay tuned for a review!
  • Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti - £5.99 - Is it bad that I've never used a Revlon lip product? Everyone seems to be raving about these and as I'm not the bravest when it comes to colour, these seem like a gentle nudge in the right direction without being to in your face. Tutti Frutti has a pop of coral, but with all the nourishment that comes with a lip balm. Win win on both counts.
  • Murad Oil Free Sunblock - SPF 30 - £24.30 - I'm a big fan of Murad products and was lucky enough to get some of this in a goodie bag last year. As this is specifically formulated for the face, it won't clog pores, it's non-oily making it ideal for combination skin and it's packed full of anti-aging loveliness. I love the matt finish this leaves but I love the fact that this doesn't break me out even more. It's a must have for your handbag.
  • Burberry Brit Rhythm - £40 - This might not be the ideal summer fragrance, but if I like something, I'm not overly fussed about the time of year. I had a sample of this a while ago and the neroli and peppercorn notes just filled my head with glee. WANT....preferably now.
  • The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside out - £11.29 I love Angela's blog, her photography is wonderful and everything looks delicious. All of her recipes are vegan and whilst Ad isn't always a fan of salads, provided I plonk some cooked chicken on the side, he's quite content to munch it. Her long awaited cook book is packed with recipes such as Tex Mex and Chocolate Torte and I reckon these would be fabulous over the summer when we all start to prefer lighter meals.
What's on your summer want list?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)