Monday, September 1, 2014

Outfit of the Day - Pretty in Pink

A couple of weekends ago we started the celebrations for Ad's 30th Birthday! As a birthday treat I took Ad to see Imogen Heap at the Roundhouse in Camden so I wanted to wear something comfy enough that I could stand on my feet for 4 hours (we opted for standing tickets so we could sneak as close to the stage as possible), something that would keep me warm on the walk home but I also needed something that wouldn't make me overheat in the concert hall either. Wow, that's a long list of needs eh?

Whilst the weather in the UK has taken a turn for the worst, I don't think you can beat a pair of super cute shorts!
This week I'm wearing a mix of goodies, I think everything is from a different store but that's what makes fashion fun eh?

Top: Adjustable Cami - Primark  
Jumper: Oliver Bonas
Shorts: Zara
Shoes: Accessorize
Bag: Marks & Spencer

I picked these cute culotte style numbers up months ago as I fell in love with the print! The mix of purple, red and a variety of pinks means your outfit can be kept summery in feel when the weather is peachy, yet when the temperature drops, the shorts can be paired with more autumnal plum based shades. The shorts sit slightly higher on the waist than most and have a concealed zip which keep things sweet and delicate. As you've probably spotted they also have pockets which came in handy mid-concert when I didn't have the space to keep diving into my bag for bits and pieces.
On this occasion I chose to keep my outfit fairly girly and added a light sweater to keep me warm on the walk home. The cut out detailing kept the whole thing feeling pretty and feminine but I'll be honest, this sweater has a tendency to catch if you're not careful so it isn't always the most practical of pieces. I love the whole slouchy feel to this sweater, comfort over practicality and all that jazz I suppose.
Now, onto my favourite part of this outfit my shoes, I actually picked these up from Accessorize in the sale and I can't get enough of them. At first I wasn't quite convinced by the whole slipper trend but the light grey colour and pink flamingos just make me smile. I mean, heels and concerts aren't really the best choice if you're standing so these just seemed to fit the bill in terms of my needs.
Aren't they cute? Whilst my feet were a little achy towards the end of the evening, there's no doubting that these were the best shoes for the job.

What do you think of this outfit? How would you style these shorts?

2 comments:

  1. Eeeek! This is adorable. I love seeing you in such splashy colors, and I love the pink flamingo theme. We're planning a trip to Scotland next week, so I'm beginning to appreciate just how difficult dressing is in the UK. I need things in case it's sunny, cloudy and cool, downpouring and windy, and muddy. I'm having a heck of a time packing. I laughed when I read your outfit criteria because I find myself going through the same criteria as I'm packing. I love each piece of this outfit separately, but they come together so beautifully. Each piece has its own special flair, and I love that. The lacey holes on the sweater, the beautiful print on the shorts, and the embroidered flamingo on the flats all have a bit of charm and keep the outfit fun. Love it!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, oh how I've missed you!

      I actually meant to say a while ago, I know you mentioned a collab...I realised with hindsight that I totally forgot to say 'HECK YEAH' in my response to your comment. Me being somewhat useless this should come as no surprise. I'd have no idea what to do but we can have a wee chat via email if you fancy.

      Thank you for your sweet comments about me in colour, I'm trying to venture out a little more in that respect, I do love those shoes so much and they were an absolute steal in my mind for only £16.

      Wow, you're off to Scotland! Like Land of Nessie? I actually lived up in Scotland for 6 years so if you need any ideas for places to go, please do let me know :) I can imagine it's really tough to plan for as you're right, the weather is pretty temperamental, if you're packing dresses or skirts, be sure to pack some tights just in case and plenty of cardigans/thin sweater as it's pretty fresh in the evenings at the moment.

      The shorts really are lovely aren't they, not being particularly lady like, wearing a skirt is always a bit risky, shorts are just a safe bet.

      Hope you have an awesome trip!

      Laura x

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)