Saturday, December 20, 2014

Kiko Queen of Hearts Eyeshadow Palette - 01 Essential Brown

During our trip to Rome (yes, I've been to Rome, haven't you heard?), I stumbled across a Kiko Store and dived right in. Boy, it was as busy as their Regent Street store in London so I didn't stick around for too long as me and busy places just aren't a good combination right now.

Anywho, that's by the by, the first thing which I grabbed was their Queen of Hearts Eyeshadow Palette in 01 Essential Brown. I wouldn't normally dedicate so many photos to the packaging but for £14.90, it's gorgeous.
The scoop with the Queen of Hearts Eyeshadow Palette is that it's actually available in 3 different shade selections. Each palette comes with four different shadows which can be used wet or dry to create a variety of looks.
The Essential Brown palette has three beautifully buttery shimmery shades and one matt shade all of which are super super blendable. I applied the shadows with both the sponge applicator which is included, as well as an eyeshadow brush and had no issues with either method of application.
I found the shadows to be really long lasting, and, well, they're just stunning. I honestly couldn't believe how good the formula was considering the price tag! I've kept you hanging long enough, shall we see inside?
The shadow in the bottom right of the palette is the matt which I've used as a liner shade and blended out to great effect.
The above swatches are in everyday light with the below being with natural light, i.e. I've plonked myself right by the window.
Now if only I could master the art of creating a smoky eye I would be sorted eh?

Have you tried Kiko Cosmetic before? Do any of you, my lovely readers fancy giving me a make-up lesson sometime soon?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)