Monday, May 18, 2015

Go With The Lava Flow by OPI - A Review

Last week it was my birthday and I hit the ripe old age of 28! Naturally there were a few beauty bits I was after and my mother in law to be (waves!) kindly gifted me with a couple of nail varnishes from OPI's new Hawaii Collection.

The Hawaii Collection features a beautiful range of colours, some of which are designed to evoke the sun, sea, sand and sunsets which can be experienced from Hawaii's beautiful beaches while others are designed to resonate with the luscious greenery and sumptuous tropical flowers. Today, I'm talking about Go with the Lava Flow.

I've tried my best to capture the colour on camera, but in case you can't quite see it, Go with the Lava Flow is a gorgeous shimmering golden red.
It's not an 'in your face' true red by any means, it's quite orange in tone and almost a little bit creamy in colour.
It has a gorgeous golden shimmer running right the way through it which will make it an ideal shade for the spring and summer months, especially when it catches the sunlight! Orange and coral shades are super fashionable this season in case you hadn't noticed.
As with all OPI polishes, the quality is excellent. The colour applies smoothly, only takes two coats to get a good depth of colour and is long wearing even on me achieving around 4 days before chips start to set in.

Have you tried any colours from the new OPI Hawaii Collection? What's your favourite shade?

4 comments:

  1. I've actually been wanting to try that collection so I was so happy to see your review! I love any nail polish with a little shimmer to it. thanks so much hope you've been having a beautiful Monday!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have another colour up my sleeve to share ;p

      I love OPI and I was on the hunt for something fun for summer, reds, corals and oranges always seem to make me smile, especially when a UK summer means blustering winds and rain! I've got to get the sunshine in my life somehow!

      Laura x

      Delete
  2. OPI is great it takes so long for chipping to start, definetky long lasting

    Maya
    http://beautish-bymaya.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are, I'm so heavy handed as well so it's important for me to find a polish that can stand a bit of a beating!

      Laura x

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)