Saturday, July 25, 2015

Outfit of the Day - The Little White Dress

Well I think it's safe to say, we've finally had some real summery weather in London, with temperatures on the tube hitting a reported 36 degrees which is absolutely stifling. Summer in London doesn't just mean both ladies and gents donning less clothing, it also means Wimbledon and of course Wimbledon whites!
Whilst I'm not personally a fan of the tennis, I can't pass up the opportunity to feel super girly and slip into something light and airy.
I managed to nab this super cute dress from Gap at the start of their summer sales and I can safely say it's been getting plenty of use despite its highly impractical colour.
Today I'm wearing:

Dress: Gap
Heels: Clarks
Bag: Mango
Belt: Topshop 

What I love about this dress is the cute cut out detailing which is all over the top layer of fabric. It's much more noticeable on the arms as you can spot my skin peeking through. It's this small detailing which take this from a boring and plain white dress to quite a sweet yet cheeky number.
Whilst the top section is fairly fitted, the sleeves have just enough give to ensure this dress doesn't feel constrictive. The skirt element is full and weighty meaning you get a nice little bit of swing as you potter down the street. Oh, and it also hides some (not so) secret pockets!
As the dress is such a statement piece, I kept things simple with a tan belt and strappy heels but you could be bolder and pair it with a brighter belt and pumps, I myself have tried this with a red belt and matching ballet pumps for a bold hit of colour.
With the weather being so hot and sticky, it's hard to keep my hair and make-up in check so I kept things simple by letting my hair air dry and swiping on a hint of coral lipstick. How can you not smile when the weather is this lovely?

How have you been wearing your whites this summer? Have you been making the most of the beautiful weather?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)