Saturday, November 7, 2015

Outfit of the Day - The Retro Skirt

Welcome back to another outfit based post, I've really enjoyed posting more of these over the last 6 months or so and I hope you're enjoying them as well. Today, I've gotten a little vampy and given another nod to the 70's trend.
 Today I'm wearing:

Cape: French Connection - Blanket Wrap 
Jumper: Oasis - Black Polo Neck
Shoes: Clarks 
Hat: Ted Baker - Felt Fedora
This week, you're almost getting two outfits for the price of one thanks to this super snuggly blanket wrap from French Connection. 
The blanket wrap is the perfect trans-seasonal cover-up! Even though it may look thin, it's actually incredibly toasty and the shades of blue, grey and black ensure that it'll go with almost everything in my wardrobe. I was a little sceptical at first, but now I have one in my collection, I've actually come to realise how versatile it actually is. I also suspect this would be perfect for keeping you toasty while travelling, especially on a plane. It folds down to a nice tight package.
On to outfit number two, we have naturally reverted to my go to store, Oasis. Firstly we have this gorgeous a-line skirt with a muted paisley print covering a spectrum of creams, burgundys, green and mustard is perfect for autumn.
Whilst I've played things safe with a plain black polo on this occasion, you could team this with a sweet cream Victorian inspired blouse or add a pop of colour with a teal crew neck sweater.
To keep the focus on the skirt and wrap, I wanted to keep the outfit pretty simple, hence the super safe polo, black tights and ankle booties. A cute gold sparrow necklace adds an element of fun, and of course, I'd plaited my hair the night before to give some lived in waves.
This week, I'd decided to be brave with my make-up and tried out a vampy red lip courtesy of Divine Wine from Maybelline.
It's a little scary for me, I'll be honest, in this light it almost it's almost purple/black however, in my bedroom light at home, as per the below it looks very Wednesday Adams!
Whilst I'm not totally convinced by today's make-up, that's the beauty of make-up! It's supposed to fun and a chance to experiment and shake up your look. If you're not happy, it's simply a case of wiping it off and starting again.

Anywho, that's it for this week, next week who knows what persona I'll be channelling?

How would you style this skirt? Have you donned a vampy lip this season? Have you been taken in by the 70's trend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)