Monday, November 2, 2015

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Catfight - A Review

I've got a bit of a lipstick problem at the moment. It's taken me many many years to realise that instead of upping up my entire make-up game in an attempt to look polished, all I need to do is add a bright pop of lipstick and voilĂ , instant glam.
I have only just discovered Urban Decay lipsticks, in part because my local House of Fraser has only just installed one of their concessions. Perhaps this new arrival is the start of a very slippery slope because no sooner had I purchased one lipstick, only in September I might add, I now have four of these bad boys...Ooops!

Can we just take a second to appreciate the packaging before we talk about the luscious colour? A gunmetal faceted tube with the signature Urban Decay purple inside? Completely and utterly gorgeous, who wouldn't want to be caught pulling this little beauty out of their make-up bag?
Anyway, back to the post, the lipstick which started this slippery slippery slope is the Urban Decay Revolution in Lipstick in Catfight which I reckon is a bit of steal at only £15.50. The Revolution Lipsticks are incredibly pigmented and deliver serious colour pay off with just one swipe. 
Catfight, which I've been pairing with a Barry M Lipliner in 12, is a gorgeous pink fuchsia shade which I am totally obsessed with. It's super creamy, doesn't drag when applying, doesn't apply patchy, and even without a lipliner, the colour actually lasts an incredibly long time.

It's not a matt shade and, as you can see from the swatch does have a little shine to it but I love this. It feels hydrating on the lips thanks to the inclusion of jojoba oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and avocado oil which also keep things feeling cushiony and soft.
Here it is on, I've been loving wearing this lipstick and it's fast becoming a Laura based staple. It means I can keep the rest of my make-up super simple and paired back but still look as though I've made a fair old bit of effort. It is seriously gorgeous, I can't waffle on about it enough!

Like I say, I was so impressed with both the longevity, price and depth of colour, I now have three other new shades in my collection, namely F-bomb, Shame and Jilted. 

Let me know if you'd like to see some other swatches and/or posts on the other shades. I hope to have some pictures of me in the lipsticks so you can add to your own collections! Are there any other shades you recommend I try out?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)