Saturday, October 31, 2015

Outfit of the Day - Comfy & Casual

If I've planned to head and do some serious clothes shopping, I want to ensure that I'm wearing something I can slip into and out of fairly quickly, but I also want something which looks as though I've made a bit of effort to look nice.
Today I'm wearing:
Coat: Fleur East for Lipsy - Faux Fur Stole Coat 
Top: Oasis - Oversized Stripe T
Jeans: Marks & Spencer - Limited Edition
Shoes: Clarks - super old
Bag: Dr Martens
My prep actually started the night before when I had a shower and washed my hair. As I'm trying to avoid using too much heat, I sectioned my hair into 6 and plaited each section before heading to bed and removing the plaits next morning and ruffling them up a bit. Nothing complicated at all eh? It's actually a trick I seem to recall using a fair old bit when I was younger but as it's quick and easy, I'm not going to turn my nose up at it now!
Then it was time for my favourite skinny fit jeans which are uber comfy and full of stretch, boots which slip on and off quickly thanks to the zip and a loose fitting and baggy t-shirt which I can avoid getting my make-up all over. 
I featured this coat on the blog last week and I've been living in it ever since. You can see I've removed the faux fur stole which gives things a much more boyish yet classic feel. It's great to just slip on over a t-shirt or jumper and really does help to pull things together in my mind.
Today I wasn't really feeling anything in the stores, hence my slightly non-plussed face but that is by the by. I did however, discover a new shop which I think holds some serious potential namely the White Stuff which was full of fun and whimsical prints which I would love to add to my own wardrobe in due course.
To show the stores there's no hard feelings, enjoy the above photo. I'm always about avoiding only putting up the best photos of me, sometimes it's good to show you guys I'm only human and no-one looks fabulously polished all the time.

What's your go to shopping outfit? Show me your non-plussed face when the shops just ain't doing anything for you! It's always good to have a giggle together!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)