Saturday, January 16, 2016

Outfit of the Day - Glamorous NYE

For New Years Eve, I really wanted to make an effort to get glammed up and to feel gorgeous! After all, us girls love an excuse to play with our make-up and to spend the evening pampering ourselves in preparation for an evening of drinks, dinner and dancing.
Today I'm wearing:
Dress: Chi Chi London - Ruby Dress
Jacket: Wallis
Shoes: Clarks
Bag: Karl Lagerfeld - K/KlassiK Cross Body Bag
First off, let's talk dress! This was my first ever purchase from the Chi Chi London line, but they'd caught my attention early last year via a feature in In-Style magazine who had touted them for their budget friendly prom and party dresses. 
Keen to get in on the action myself, this digital multi-coloured flower print dress really caught my eye as it was something a little different to what I'd usually go for. 
It features a fitted bodice section, padded bust, a bardot style off the shoulder neckline, pleated skirt and dipped hem. On some images it looked as though the dress came with straps but on others the straps didn't seem to be there. Nevertheless I ordered away!
Having scrolled through the reviews, there was nothing which hinted at how the sizing was so I opted for my usual size 10.
This was a good choice, it was a little roomy in the bust (I'm far from flat chested, I assure you) but fit like a dream over the tummy, even after a four course meal I still had wiggle room. The dress did come with elastic style straps attached but I trimmed these out with a pair of scissors as I felt that they ruined the ascetic of the dress a little. I know some ladies might prefer the straps, but each to their own.
I paired the dress with some simple but comfy sandals from Clarks, a military style jacket from Wallis, which just so happens to be the only black long line coat I have and my Karl Lagerfeld bag which is uber boxy but screams style!
What drew me to this bag was it's structured boxy feel, rocker-esque hardware but subtle branding, not to mention, it was in the sale at 50% off. It's my first designer purchase so I was pretty chuffed to pay the equivalent of M&S prices for a designer leather bag. What a BEAUT!
Next, it's time to talk make-up, and for this look, I used a book by Benefit's Lisa Potter Dixon to achieve a smokey bronzed up eye which I paired with a red lip. I'll talk more about this look in another post, but for now, there's a close-up below for you to ponder.
I did my hair using my faithful Babyliss curler as this just ensures my hair looks good for hours. All in all, I loved this look, my first impressions of Chi Chi London are great, the dress looked far better in the flesh than it did online.
It looked and felt expensive, was well structured and, most importantly it made me feel glamorous which is what New Years Eve is all about. The prices on their website on really reasonable, and, as an added incentive they offer 10% off your first order, I'll definitely be using them again.

Have you tried Chi Chi London before? How did you style out NYE? What do you think of this look?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)