Saturday, January 31, 2015

Outfit of the Day - Baby it's Cold Outside

I'm back with another outfit post, I'm trying to make these more of a regular thing, but as with all new ventures it can take a little while to get into the swing of things.

For this post, I thought I would try something different in that I've not styled my hair and I'm not wearing a single speck of make-up. I've literally blow dried my hair with a round bristle brush and slathered on my usual skincare. This isn't something I'd normally do, but following on from my post on social media, I thought I'd keep things more natural for once to give you a real glimpse of me. Anyways, on with the post!
Today I'm wearing:-
Coat: Oasis - this is an old old favourite which I purchased around 5/6 years ago
Scarf: Gap - sadly I can't find the link online but it's around £14.99 in store
Jumper: Gap, again. I can't find this online but it shouldn't be hard to find something similar
Skirt: Oasis - sadly no longer available online
Boots: Aldo - again, at least 6 years old!

Whilst I can't find any links, I hope the post will give you some inspiration for styling similar pieces in your wardrobe.
What really drew me to this jacket was the colour, when I first purchased it, it was an incredibly vivid shade of electric blue but over the years, it's faded and become a little worn. Whilst the buttons no longer match the coat, I can't bear to part with it! It still fits incredibly well and nips me in just where I want it to.
As a side note, it's probably the only jacket I own which is remotely lady like so I thought it'd suit this outfit perfectly!
Moving on to what's underneath the coat, my chunky style knitted sweater and this midi-skirt from Oasis which, as a side note I'm totally in love with. Chunky knits are everywhere this winter and whilst they look fabulous with jeans, I actually think they look pretty peachy with a super girly skirt.
Yes, your eyes do not deceive you, this skirt has pockets! How awesome is that? The other great thing about this skirt is that the fabric is not overly weighty. There's just enough heft here to ensure that it creates a flattering silhouette and that my legs are keep warm in the chilly temperatures. Like I say, as it's not overly weighty, I'm hoping to get some good use out of the skirt right through the spring and summer months by paring with a cute camisole or basic crew neck t-shirt. 
Moving on, I can't forget to show you the print which, might I add, is pretty divine. I love the varying shades of blue and the pretty oriental style from the bamboo style trees to the tiny flowers dotted around. 

To help with the flow of the outfit, I tucked the sweater into the skirt to ensure that you could still see my waist. The other benefit of pairing this with a chunky knit is that there's plenty of room underneath the jumper for a sneaky long line thermal top. It is winter after all!
Finishing off the outfit with some slouchy boots gives everything a bit more of relaxed and cosy feel don't you think?
When putting this outfit together, I didn't want things to feel overly polished and I really think that I've achieved that here. Most of the outfit is fairly simple, the plain jumper, the basic boots (my thermal) all meaning that your eyes are drawn to where they should be...that gorgeous midi skirt!
My final shot for this post is a close up of my face. As I said at the start I'm wearing no make-up whatsoever, not even mascara. I know, I know, it's shocking. I've been really lucky lately with my skin and it's currently the best it's been for a while, I do have a couple of red marks on my cheeks from hormonal blemishes but the camera hasn't picked them up at all (lucky me!).
If you're interested, what I am wearing on my face is as follows starting with toner:- Queen of Hungary Mist, Nude Progenius Omega Treatment Oil, Estelle & Thild Eye Balm and Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser. 

I hope you've been able to garner some inspiration from this post? How would you style this midi-skirt for the warmer months? Are you happy to post pictures of yourself make-up free or is it a big no no?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)