Monday, April 27, 2015

Clinique Pop Lip Colour in Poppy Pop - A Review

There have been so many fabulous make-up launches this season it's been pretty tough for me to keep up! If you're keen to get involved, perhaps one of the more affordable new lip launches comes from Clinique.
Their new Pop Lip Colours come in 16 shades ranging from beautiful nudes, to shocking pinks to vivid reds meaning there really is something for everyone. At only £16 each, I find this latest beauty launch to be incredibly affordable!
What sets these lipsticks apart from others on the market is that they're a lip colour and a lip primer in one. This basically means the colours stay as bold as they are in the bullet, the bullet glides onto the lips AND the formula actually feels nourishing and moisturising!
As you can see, I went for Poppy Pop having said to the lady on the counter "I want something to match my nails," this shade being a bright coral/orange/red shade which is perfect for summer. I think you'll agree, the colour shade is pretty spot on match!
One of the things which I'm loving about this lipstick is that the packaging actually reflects the colour inside, gone are the days of having to open all your lipsticks to try and find the specific shade you're after.
The finish of the Pop Lip Colour is velvety with a slight gloss. This does dry down to more of a matt stain type finish which still feels comfortable and moisturising on the lips.
Whilst Clinique do say the lipstick wears for 8 hours, I would say that to keep the vividness of the colour I had to apply every few hours or so. I was drinking tea, scoffing cake and drinking water though so it was never going to last forever. The need to reapply didn't really bother me but I'm putting it out there in case you're expecting this to be super long lasting.

Next on my hit list is Melon Pop and Punch Pop, two more gorgeous colours to add to my growing arsenal of lip colour.

Have you tried the new Clinique Pop Lip Colours? Which shades did you go for?

3 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty lip colour, perfect for spring time! Lovely post. x


    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com
    check out my blog if you like xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's gorgeous isn't it? They have so many gorgeous colours it was hard to pick just the one!

      Laura x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)