Monday, October 19, 2015

My Current Everyday Make-Up Routine

Today I'm sharing my everyday make-up routine, and of course, by everyday, I mean, this is what I wear to work.
In all honesty, it's nothing particularly special and, as you can see it's fairly basic given that at 6:20am I cannot be bothered with a full on face of make-up. I want something which will even out my skin tone whilst at the same time, perking up my face making it seem like I've had 12 hours of sleep. We can all dream right?

I'll start with the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue in shade 01 Opal which I've raved about on the blog before. It's packed full of skincare benefits and is the best of a BB, CC and a tinted moisturiser. This basically means it evens out my skin with just the right amount of coverage and leaves my skin looking super natural. I tend to buff this into my skin with the Bobbi Brown full coverage face brush for a flawless finish or use my fingers if I'm in a wicked rush.

If there are any pesky patches, I'll use the Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush-On Glow BB Highlighter in 2W Light Medium. This is a lightweight concealer which, as the name suggests brightens skin whilst minimising the look of imperfections. I tend to use this around my nose, under my eyes and over any blemishes. It's super easy to blend and I find it to be really long lasting as well which is ideal as I hate lugging my make-up around with me.

Next, I use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion on my cheeks to give a natural flush. This powder is gorgeous and the swirl of colour and highlight gives me a hint of radiance as well which is ideal if my skin is looking a little sallow.

On my eyes, it's a quick sweep of  No.7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in Wheatsheaf which I've been using as a base colour since I was 16. It's got a subtle shimmer to it which helps to brighten up the eyes and is a great everyday basic taupe shade. 

Before heading out the door I use the Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara in the waterproof formula as it gets kinda rainy in the UK and I don't want to risk things running down my face. Apart from the £9.99 price tag, I also love the fact that the brush isn't a bristle brush so there's no chance of me poking myself in the eye first thing in the morning! I find this mascara gives great definition and a good amount of volume without having to apply lashings of the stuff making it ideal for early morning rushes.
What make-up do you wear everyday? Do you have different for looks for the office and weekends at home?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)